Why is it that I cannot download modpacks anymore

Nios

Question

Anytime that I would try to install any modpack on technic launcher it would start downloading and then download in negative percentages like this. When I cancel it, it comes up with this error too, does anyone know how to fix this situation? image.thumb.png.008167e1f202e154fea02bad1b21ad52.pngimage.png.4d6fe218762a89c4cf6d06b33d521d0d.png

3 answers to this question

On 2/19/2022 at 8:58 PM, JaariAtmc said:

The negative download value is a visual glitch due to a change in dropbox providing the filesize. Just ignore it till it finishes downloading the modpack.

I'll try it but when I want to download something and the negative value pauses, does that mean it's stopped downloading or do I just leave it?

On 2/23/2022 at 1:51 PM, Nios said:

I'll try it but when I want to download something and the negative value pauses, does that mean it's stopped downloading or do I just leave it?

Just leave it. The negative value pauses at about minus 2^31, but the internal value goes further. If it takes 5 seconds to reach the visual value, it would take 681 YEARS to reach the internal value before it errors out on that.

It shouldn't be taking this long, however, as the modpack in the screenshot is just over 100MB in size.