Cosmology27

Hey there, I haven't played Technic/Minecraft in probably 5 years or so, and I'm going to be running a server once again, so I'm just looking for some help.

I don't see how to do a totally clean install of Technic. It doesn't look like it's really "installed" on my computer, because it doesn't show up in the programs list, so I can't uninstall it. If I download the new launcher, it just opens up the old version of Technic I had (last opened 2 years ago, but I didn't play much then). Is there a way to actually do a fresh install?

I have some friends wanting to join my server, and from years ago I remember that the launcher would automatically set the RAM allocation quite low, and you actually had to go into the settings and change that manually. This was required for basically any modpack, because the automatic RAM allocation was so low. I know it's silly, but I have found that the majority of people actually can't manage that. If you tell them they need to go adjusting settings, they get discouraged. So for example, people that aren't good with computers, or younger kids, who love Minecraft, things like Technic are really nice, because they basically just have to click play. Is there any way to make the RAM allocation automatically increase when you run my modpack? Or are we actually forced to increase RAM allocation? (It seems odd to me, because no other program ever requires that you do this, if I run Skyrim, it doesn't make me decide how much RAM to allocate, regardless of modding)

In terms of the files for the actual modpack, are there better ways to do it now? I remember myself and others used to use Dropbox, but they've really fallen behind, and I remember they changed how things worked, so it made it quite difficult to use Dropbox to share the files. How are people sharing files these days?

I also remember a website that would allow you to create a redirection for your IP address (I forgot what the proper term is). Basically, your 123.235.543 whatever IP address you have, will change into something like "CosmosServer" so that you can let people have access to your IP, without actually giving them your IP. The site takes anyone looking for "CosmosServer", and makes them actually look for my IP. Anyone remember what this is called, or what site to use for this?

Lastly, if you can't have RAM automatically allocated, does anyone know what Technic STARTS your RAM allocation at? I can't figure out how to clean install, so I'd possibly like to try and make a lightweight modpack that will work with the auto allocation, so what does it automatically set RAM to?

Random last point, this forum post page KEEPS bashing my cursor back to the security check. While typing this up it forced me back there multiple times, forcing me to uncheck that I'm not a robot, and I then had to refresh the page to fix it. Why in the world is that happening? Very annoying.

Appreciate any help you can give! Thanks!

Edited by Cosmology27
another question added