Defenses against missiles, a small guide.

Scottish1900

i also have a nice system for defending against missles. as well a radar connected to a launcher with an anti-balistic, but it can auto reload by

having a convayerbelt system from a chest (filled with anti-balistic) to the launcher. as soon as a missle comes in range, the radar gives a signal to launch the counter missle and as well to the convayer system wich then takes a new anti-balistic from the chest and in the launcher, ready for the next incoming attack.

but i dont have a real system for bombs or poison. bombs need to be placed so as long as nobody knows where you are your safe.

something i do want to use on servers is making barwire traps. a 1or2 deep hole with a barbwire in it.

as you may know, if you do this with cobwebs you can't get out until you break the cobweb or the blocks around you. barbwire does the same but damages so if they are hidden well people won't see it comming.

i also like to put spikes in tall grass :3

hope this may help you out.

• 1 month later...

ok i have this problem when i set up a radar and emp tower the right way, when i launch within the block radius it destroys the missile but when it's out of the radius and it's airborn it just does not destroy the missile. Can anyone help?

How do I make sure that bunkers will be imperious to nuclear t3 missiles? I am coating the bunker in a 4 block-high roof (3-thick walls) with one layer of steel blocks in the middle, but this probably won't stop a full-blown nuke. I have accepted that Antimatter explosives are unstoppable (Except with anti-balistics or EMP towers), but what about nukes? Gonna do some tests with carbon-plating, blast bricks, and concrete-steel combos.

How do I make sure that bunkers will be imperious to nuclear t3 missiles? I am coating the bunker in a 4 block-high roof (3-thick walls) with one layer of steel blocks in the middle, but this probably won't stop a full-blown nuke. I have accepted that Antimatter explosives are unstoppable (Except with anti-balistics or EMP towers), but what about nukes? Gonna do some tests with carbon-plating, blast bricks, and concrete-steel combos.

Just one layer of carbon plating will stop a nuke, but radiation may still harm you.

I have encountered one issue this morning. The EMP tower does not react to a redstone signal. I have wondered why it is not working as intended. Tested it many times, using laser designator to remotely launch missles at my base ( SHRAPNELL MISSLES due to fact that they don't make any dmg to structures), seeing the Radar outputs the signal to my Siren and the EMP tower. The siren goes on, but the tower emits no EMP pulse. Now, if I place a leaver right next to the EMP tower and pull it, the Tower Emits the Pulse. But If I connect redstone to the Tower and a leaver to the redstone, pull the leaver, again no reaction from the tower... Somehow it does not accept redstone. WHY? -.-

i have found that the emp tower will fire if you run redstone into a block that is next to the tower.

also i cant seem to get the radar to admit a red stone signal. can someone give me some information concerning where to place the radar, where it can detect missiles (assuming its on the y cord that it is placed) and how far away the system should be placed from your base

thanks in advnace

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. The Better ICBMs mod must be made into just the ICBMs mod. And I know why BlastCraft was removed, but I've been playing a custom omd and there aren't any broken textures with it. (Not BlastCraft, anyway) Just add it back, PLEASE! I'm sweating down here at bedrock waiting to get nuked! Or get a replacement! Or add a stronger concrete! Bombs are supposed to bounce off bunkers, but a creeper destroys mine! And don't say use obsidian!

• 1 month later...

My radar is set up with 20 safe, 80 alarm, and my EMP is set to 80 and disrupt missiles, both are powered, the missiles fired from 100 blocks away, there is a redstone line leading from the radar to the EMP tower, and redstone is in all 8 blocks around the radar tower. But it's not working. The radar doesn't send a redstone signal. Any ideas?

My radar is set up with 20 safe, 80 alarm, and my EMP is set to 80 and disrupt missiles, both are powered, the missiles fired from 100 blocks away, there is a redstone line leading from the radar to the EMP tower, and redstone is in all 8 blocks around the radar tower. But it's not working. The radar doesn't send a redstone signal. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. The radar station sends no redstone signal. I am using voltz 1.1.4