Could anybody give me a download of tekkit with the sphax texture pack already installed?

blueowl31

Getting Sphax exactly right for Tekkit though is a bit tricky. There are various tutorials and patches and what not but even with those, while I've got pretty much everything Sphaxi'fied for my Tekkit install (With half the force field modules being all thats not done), my friends who play on my server also have Sphax and, we don't always see everything the same way due to various patch install techniques on each of our parts.

Would be nice really if Sphax supported Tekkit natively, lord knows the texture pack is getting a ton of exposure from people Youtubing the modpack (Not to say Sphax vanilla isn't awesome too, just saying I'd never heard of Sphax before Tekkit, I was using Misa's Photo-Realistic pack before that), would make Tekkit a lot more functionally understandable, especially if it was a simple, officially updated Sphax pack.

But wishes and fishes, and all that rot.

You could just use the texturepacks forum, you know. There's plenty of texture packs, not just Sphax, that have Tekkit mod support. Putting Sphax into the Tekkit download would be pretty unfair and discriminating against all the other texturepacks out there that support Tekkit, so that would be a bad idea. As it is, there are plenty of ready-patched texturepacks which you can download and save yourself effort with, then just press the "Open texturepacks folder" button and put them in.

I can't give you a copy of tekki with spax in it already, but (I really should look this up and you probably have every right to shit on me guys) if it isn't against any new rules either on minecraft, or this forum (I didn't find anything against it here, but if im wrong, I await your shit with open arms) Id be happy to set up and provide a copy of the spax texture pack with as much mod support as I can cram into it.

Then again, and I mean you no offense sir, installing texture packs is a pretty straight forward process and even adding in mod support (i could be wrong here but this worked for me) is as easy as adding the files of one archive into the main archive. If you really can't figure it out, id be happy to help, but this does seem like a pretty trivial thing to do, at least in my opinion.

I just add in sphax textures for the different mods as they come out.

Many of the mods have had new things added to them for 1.4.x and the texture work for them is currently incomplete. So I just keep an eye on the sphax forums and update texture modules as they are revised.

I would think it means "Thread Creator", based on context, but I'm not sure. Easier than getting it comfused with OverPowered.

thanks, hate acronyms, comes from being in cadets i think...so many...and kinda funny

the 2 words repeat and say again are so different one rains more terror of the artillary kind and then the other askes the person to reapeat what they just said...

I can't give you a copy of tekki with spax in it already, but (I really should look this up and you probably have every right to shit on me guys) if it isn't against any new rules either on minecraft, or this forum (I didn't find anything against it here, but if im wrong, I await your shit with open arms) Id be happy to set up and provide a copy of the spax texture pack with as much mod support as I can cram into it.

Then again, and I mean you no offense sir, installing texture packs is a pretty straight forward process and even adding in mod support (i could be wrong here but this worked for me) is as easy as adding the files of one archive into the main archive. If you really can't figure it out, id be happy to help, but this does seem like a pretty trivial thing to do, at least in my opinion.

wouldn't editing the main archive involve opening the minecraft.jar? to some people that is complicated

you dont edit the jar, you're editing the zip pack of the texture pack. each mod patch generally has its own subfolder you add to the root of the zip. Sphax has a pack for the latest vanilla, but many of the mods have not fully updated. I had to take most of the stuff from my 1.2.5 pack and add it to the 1.4.6 sphax pack.

you dont edit the jar, you're editing the zip pack of the texture pack. each mod patch generally has its own subfolder you add to the root of the zip. Sphax has a pack for the latest vanilla, but many of the mods have not fully updated. I had to take most of the stuff from my 1.2.5 pack and add it to the 1.4.6 sphax pack.

He said this better then I could have. The main archive is the main .zip file where the Spax texture pack is located. It's usually as simple as dragging the folders out of the mod support packs and dropping them into the main texture archive (hence why I used the term main archive.)

It's a rather simple process and fairly easy to figure out, but like I said, and the offer still stands, If you really can't figure it out for some reason, let me know and I'll do it for you.