I'm not sure this is awesome yet...

SemiPr0

First, congrats on getting a pack out. I should say that first and foremost.

But, there are some issues here that I brought up in the Tekkit Classic thread that I'm going to briefly retouch on here.

• EE3-universal-pre1f is a pre-release version of EE3 that has six working blocks, and about 1% of the functionality of EE2. EE2 was in need of adjustment, I'll agree, but this isn't even a mod, its a alpha test at best and whats more its not been touched since October 28th of 2012 by Pahimar. I'm not sure this should even be in Tekkit Lite right now.
  • ForgeEssentials seems like it will be functional to a certain extent for small servers, but documentation is slim on this project so far (a commands list and an overview is about all there is) and while it should provide some of the basic functionality Bukkit based plugins were providing.....its never going to replace things like BOSEconomy or McMMO or Factions or Towny...which means Tekkit Lite servers can never have any level of variance to them. This is unfortunate.
  • The mod list isn't smaller by any means of course, but its also providing multiple mods that are overlapping each other in areas of redundancy, and of course, are at times, incompatible with each other in areas of dependency. You can do the same thing multiple ways, but its all pretty much the same thing without much variance.
  • The lack of variant methods of progression beyond slightly deviated industrial approaches gives Tekkit Lite a rather bland and less diverse feel than Tekkit Classic.
  • Tekkit Classic is by no means being made unavailable, but most of us are dead tired of being so many MC versions behind, but with the loss of Bukkit, being up to date doesn't really mean anything because we can't use any external mods that are up to date with 1.4.6

So, don't get me wrong, this is great and all, but I'm not sure how I feel about the direction of of Tekkit Lite, its a very enclosed, very linear and very exclusive pack (and I'm not saying thats your fault!) and I'm not sure how I feel about that direction.

I'm not a fan of this yet either. I use Tekkit because Technic runs like shit on my computer and has a few mods I don't desire or have any interest in (Thaumcraft, Mo'creatures and a few others).

It didn't come with Optifine, not a problem, installed it myself. Copied my save across from Tekkit lite, click it, Minecraft crashes. I try again, "Server closed"

I think I'll just stick to the outdated Tekkit lite, at least that works for me.

EDIT -

Just read that I will indeed need a new world, fuck that, I've spent ages on this.

Back to lite I go :)

For some reason, I can't open tekkit lite, it says "minecraft failed to open, please check the logs for a report" However, I don't know where the logs are :3 Help?

What's you're java version? You need java 7. I'm having the same issue because my computer is a 32 bit and wont support java 7.

• Forum Administrators

For some reason, I can't open tekkit lite, it says "minecraft failed to open, please check the logs for a report" However, I don't know where the logs are :3 Help?

We are making a post about this right now. Just pay attention to the forums and you will see an announcement about it shortly.

I like Tekkit Lite. A lot. It's what I've been looking for. With a minimal amount of work, I was able to convert my Technic 7.5.1 world to Tekkit Lite. No more screwing around with LAN Ports and such.

Care to share how you did that? Being unable to play my old world is pretty much the only thing stopping me from using Tekkit Lite

Keep in mind this only works works for Technic 7.5.1 and later.

Copy the contents of technicssp/config to your Tekkit Lite/config folder. You will also need to change the block ID's of IC2 Advanced Repulsion Systems or remove the mod entirely. Then copy the Technic world over to Tekkit lite.

That's pretty much it.

• 3 months later...

First, congrats on getting a pack out. I should say that first and foremost.

But, there are some issues here that I brought up in the Tekkit Classic thread that I'm going to briefly retouch on here.

• EE3-universal-pre1f is a pre-release version of EE3 that has six working blocks, and about 1% of the functionality of EE2. EE2 was in need of adjustment, I'll agree, but this isn't even a mod, its a alpha test at best and whats more its not been touched since October 28th of 2012 by Pahimar. I'm not sure this should even be in Tekkit Lite right now.
  • ForgeEssentials seems like it will be functional to a certain extent for small servers, but documentation is slim on this project so far (a commands list and an overview is about all there is) and while it should provide some of the basic functionality Bukkit based plugins were providing.....its never going to replace things like BOSEconomy or McMMO or Factions or Towny...which means Tekkit Lite servers can never have any level of variance to them. This is unfortunate.
  • The mod list isn't smaller by any means of course, but its also providing multiple mods that are overlapping each other in areas of redundancy, and of course, are at times, incompatible with each other in areas of dependency. You can do the same thing multiple ways, but its all pretty much the same thing without much variance.
  • The lack of variant methods of progression beyond slightly deviated industrial approaches gives Tekkit Lite a rather bland and less diverse feel than Tekkit Classic.
  • Tekkit Classic is by no means being made unavailable, but most of us are dead tired of being so many MC versions behind, but with the loss of Bukkit, being up to date doesn't really mean anything because we can't use any external mods that are up to date with 1.4.6

So, don't get me wrong, this is great and all, but I'm not sure how I feel about the direction of of Tekkit Lite, its a very enclosed, very linear and very exclusive pack (and I'm not saying thats your fault!) and I'm not sure how I feel about that direction.

To point 1, I like EE. I understand it's a prerelease, but I think dropping it completely would be a detriment.

Totally agree on point 2, and furthermore not having access to Bukkit mods is terrible. I'm not a modder, and I'm sure there are lots of complex reasons why it is difficult to include, but things like essentials, are well.. essential. Also Dynmap. Holy crap living with out that has been terrible.

Disagree with point 3. I love the overlapping mods. I love the way we can approach things in a different fashion based on what we're trying to do, and what resources we currently have available.

With point 4, I'd add that we'd love to seem more variation added as well. How about adding some mods that include new mobs? Everyone plays mods on MC because Mojang is so painfully slow at doing anything. Please include some of the things Mojang should have been doing all along. Why there isn't 100+ different mobs in MC now is staggering.

Tekkit classics was a pain. We ran a server for a long time, and once we started to get things going it choked. Plus the upgrade paths were painful and often resulted in world destruction.

For a mod pack, the most important to bring to the table is consistency, upgrade-ability and a long term run. Our group of player started using Tekkit because we were sick and tired of restarting worlds because our custom mod pack was too difficult to maintain.

Keep up the good work guys. I can't wait to see what future growth comes out of Tekkit Lite

I like the new EE vs the old EE. The old one was way too powerful.

Second on your list is there is more than one way to enable bukkit plugins. My server runs with McMMO, Multiverse, iConomy, ChestShop, GriefPrevention, plus many many more (about 50 plugins). Just look up MCPC+, works like a charm. If you want to join a server running MCPC+ check out tekkit.hexcraft.org (tekkit lite 0.6.5)

With point 3 I'll have to agree with some of the incompatibilities. There are a few ways to easily corrupt a chunk with tekkit lite, most of which i've already posted bug reports on each individual mod author site. However, the beauty of tekkit lite is the options on how you want to achieve something, that is the fun part about it.

Try out Applied Energistics mod, it gives a very cool twist to all the other mods. It is like building server racks/drives. Fun to automate a lot of the crafting and other fun stuff. Plus it is compatible with almost every mod.

The whole reason why i switch to tekkit lite was because tekkit classic was stuck on 1.3.2, but since then i don't really miss tekkit classic.

Loving Tekkit Lite, thanks for all the hard work that someone is putting into gathering the mods up.

Try out Applied Energistics mod, it gives a very cool twist to all the other mods. It is like building server racks/drives. Fun to automate a lot of the crafting and other fun stuff. Plus it is compatible with almost every mod.

We are looking at AE. It looks very cool, but we already have a large logistics pipes network. Have you tried working with these together? There is a block,ME Interface I believe is supposed to handle this. I'm working on setting up a lab but any pointers would be great.