New Alchemy Bag Question

Lucky_Reden

I was playing around in my world and wanted an easy way to seperate a few bags, unfortunately as of now canvas bags cant be dyed. I searched for other bags and came across Alchemy Bags but they seem unoperational as of now. Is that true or am i just pressing the wrong key. I noticed that when it is in your hot bar the bag appears closed, but when it is in a chest for instance it appears open. Someone please enlighten me.

I think you need to cheat the Alchemy Bags in with creative as they have no recipe since they are still a work in progress. As for the canvas bags they can dyed and you can carry as many as you want but the mechanic of having all bags of a certain color linked is not part of redpower which adds them. If you want linked color coded bags take a look at ender chests and if your worried about people stealing your items just right the ender chest with a diamond. Which will put it on a separate network that only you can access.

I was playing around in my world and wanted an easy way to seperate a few bags, unfortunately as of now canvas bags cant be dyed. I searched for other bags and came across Alchemy Bags but they seem unoperational as of now. Is that true or am i just pressing the wrong key. I noticed that when it is in your hot bar the bag appears closed, but when it is in a chest for instance it appears open. Someone please enlighten me.

Canvas bags can be dyed (craft canvas bag + dye).

Alchemy bags are not implemented yet, only as far as adding an item into minecraft, no functionality or crafting recipe. However, from what I have gathered, they may be next after the Philosopher's stone gets finished (including adding a way to legitimately get it in-game).

• 4 weeks later...

Canvas bags can be dyed (craft canvas bag + dye).

Alchemy bags are not implemented yet, only as far as adding an item into minecraft, no functionality or crafting recipe. However, from what I have gathered, they may be next after the Philosopher's stone gets finished (including adding a way to legitimately get it in-game).

Well thats what I tried, I tried adding dye to a bag and nothing happened, I searched it and only the plain one came up, I tried dying the canvas (desperate) and nothing happened