BukkitForge is up to 1.4.6 - 1.4.7

https://github.com/keepcalm/BukkitForge

Found this on the Tekkit subreddit. Thought i'd post this here, in case the admins / mods hadn't found it. But, this opens the discussion of: what will be in the next tekkit!?

Personally, I look forward to whatever they have planned.

EDIT: I did not realise that this was BukkitForge and not ForgeBukkit.. Derp. Oh well.

• Forum Administrators

This is not ForgeBukkit, this is BukkitForge. Its still heavily under development and not very stable yet. Either way, several Tekkit Lite servers are already using it.

This is not ForgeBukkit, this is BukkitForge. Its still heavily under development and not very stable yet. Either way, several Tekkit Lite servers are already using it.

Oh, I see. BukkitForge=/=ForgeBukkit. Didn't realise the name difference 'til now, or that there were 2 'versions'.

Well, in that case... Will this be the 'backup' plan for Tekkit if ForgeBukkit stops development?

Oh. Well then.

I imagined the development to be halted, rather than ceased. But, I guess it was to be expected.

Let me speak as someone who has been with Bukkit for years.

The development of Bukkit is just... one huge clusterfuck. Really. Every time Minecraft updates, they have to completely re-write the code from scratch. Worst part is, they're stuck in their ways. If they changed their system a little, they would spend about 5 hours every update instead of 100. But they think their way is the only right way to do it. So they spend hundreds of hours UNNECESSARILY, and when someone complains, they fire that off as argument, stating that "they should try spending 120 hours every update".

They also made no attempt to support ForgeBukkit, so the ForgeBukkit team was like "fuck it, we're outta here".

Moreover, Bukkit seems to grow more slowly and lose popularity because people are starting to flow towards modded Minecraft, whether that be private modpacks, Technic, FTB or DNS.

i actually use bukkitforge 1.4.7 port, and it actually seems to be pretty stable, all the mods load just fine, so, i think it might be a pretty good alternitive to actually using bukkit, as another diffrence beetween forgebukkit and bukkitforge, is that bukkitforge is a mod itself that go's in the core mods folder, forgebukkit was trying to get forge to actaully work on bukkit, but honestly, id say bukkitforge would just be easier :)