Why isn't Optifine part of Tekkit lite?

Glitch177

shouldve said .0005c for 1000 clicks, because thats much more like it. youd probably make more money setting up a premium rate phone line and convincing your nearest elderly neighbour to call it once a month to indicate that hes still alive...

Greatly misses 'Clear water' and 'Better grass' :( Anyone know a guide to add OptiFine to Tekkit Lite?

Yeah you type this in your search bar (if windows) %appdata%/.techniclauncher then go to bin, right click on modpack.jar and open with either 7zip or winrar. then just click and drag the contents of the optifine folder into it, delete the meta inf folder and your done.

Im not sure how its done for mac but im sure is a similar process.

shouldve said .0005c for 1000 clicks, because thats much more like it. youd probably make more money setting up a premium rate phone line and convincing your nearest elderly neighbour to call it once a month to indicate that hes still alive...

Or posting youtube videos with ads on them. Apparently you can get enough money to live that way. Example, "Hatventures" look them up there a decent trio.

Or posting youtube videos with ads on them. Apparently you can get enough money to live that way. Example, "Hatventures" look them up there a decent trio.

Or PewDiePie. Then again, who wouldn't be jealous of someone who can squeeze so much money out of a single game despite playing it 600 times?

yeah youtube can definitely work out if you can frequently break 100k views for most of your videos. very much unlike adfly.

I was wondering one thing tho. what the fuck is adfly.simplaza.net ?

you can see it in links like this

adfly.simplaza.net/?a=adf.ly/404181/optifined.net/adloadx.php?f=OptiFine_1.4.2_HD_U_A6.zip

(found this in my browser history, thats why its not a recent version)

The problem is that adfly.simplaza.net is a fucking non existant domain:

$dig adfly.simplaza.net

; <<>> DiG 9.9.2-P1 <<>> adfly.simplaza.net

;; global options: +cmd

;; Got answer:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 46934

;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:

; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;adfly.simplaza.net. IN A

... theres no A record for that subdomain (no AAAA either), i.e. it will not work at all.

also upon further investigating the link above:

- first you have to remove the adfly.simplaza.net part because it doesnt exist

- since the part after the adfly ID is another FQDN you can just remove the adfly part as well (or let your adfly skipper evaluate the neccessary javascript for you)

- then you end up with a site that tells you its preparing your download request while not actually doing anything until it finally flips over to the actual download

As i found this was a problem aswell i made myself a custom zip to add optifine to my game. if there are other lazy people like me you may use the zip i host on my mini server. No garantuees of uptime or anything. It just adds optifine version: OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_B4

It works with tekkit lite version 0.5.2, don't know about others.

link: http://lappro.wrongplace.be/mods.zip

• 2 weeks later...

There's many different versions for a reason. Some people need the Ultra Edition. Others need the Multicore, and some people just need Standard or Light. Maybe the creator of OptiFine would allow a modpack if it prompted the user which OptiFine version to install.

And OptiFine doesn't conflict with any other mods AFAIK.

Then OptiFine should be improved to auto-detect a system and be able to change it in config, instead of having 4 different versions.