Ender chest and Quarry

Jordan Funk

Hi, I just downloaded tekkit lite and im using a lot of IC machines and my problem here is I put a quarry in the nether and put an ender chest to it, then put another chest in overworld to a sorting machine which sends netherack to a recycler but the ender chest fills up too fast, any ideas on a fix?

Retrievers and sorters can pull whole stacks of items at a time. They can pulse as fast as every 0.4 seconds. The thing is, though, the sorting machine only pulls out as many items as there are specified in the filter per operation. I.e. if you put 1 cobble into the sorting machine, it will only pull 1 cobble every operation. If you put 64, it will wait until there's a stack of cobble before pulling it. Therefore, retrievers are the best for this - their power is well worth the relative expensiveness (ender pearls). So put a retriever with nothing in it near the chest, then a sorting machine after that, where you can sort the contents of the chest.

OR, use a filter instead. But a self regulating filter/retriever system is possible by letting the items pass through an item detector with a redstone tube between the filter/retriever and the item detector. This system however needs a restart pulse depending if you set it in mode 2. In mode 1 it needs much less startup pulses.

That system would work only if the stream of items is uninterrupted and constant, though. What if the quarry passes over a cave system, and there are no new blocks for like 10 seconds?

If the item detector is set in mode 1, it pulses for EVERY item that passes. So a with a constant stream of many items could keep going for about three or four minutes after the last one. So use a timer set on a long delay ( a minute? ) to kickstart the filter again.