Slimes, how do I get rid of them?

NLBlackEagle

Hello everyone!

Well, I remember a time, long ago that I really liked to came across a slime spawn but times have changed, since the moment we switched the server from minecraft to tekkit I rater see them as a messy problem swarming every single home I made which is really disturbing me.

As I guess we all know that interdiction torches dont work with slimes but that is about the only knowledge I have about them except that they could be easy killed with Tesla`s. But setting up a whole network with tesla`s seems verry power consuming and most will now even have the resources for it leaving the mess of eu and redstone cables.

So what I'm asking here is an alternative way to get rid of slimes. If anyone has idea (no matter how big or complicated it may fit as a part into a system which will work)

note: im aware that I could change this in the server files, somehow. But I want to do this legitly and not spoil the gameplay for others on the server.

Thanks for reading this if you did, any advice is welcome!

Slimes now mainly spawn in swamp biomes (and still underground). One way would be to move away from a swamp biome. Other than that, you can use several tactics to prevent monster spawn. You can cover your floor in transparent material (like glass), or with microblock panels, because as far as I know, they are considered non-opaque, as well.

yes they are. if you place a microblock in such a way that it covers the top of a block (like, the from bottom to top, a block is 7/8 air and then a panel) they are flat blocks you can build normally on, yet theyre spawn proof (at least they used to be).

furthermore if you set up shop in a swamp biome its pretty much your fault, but a 3 deep water trench around all your stuff will make slimes fall into it and drown. slime spawning on the surface is restricted by light levels just like normal mobs are. if you light everything up to light level 8 or above, there aint gonna be slimes on the surface

lol there is an inordinately large amount of gelatinous cube spawns in swamp biomes definitely.

We had like huge spawns of them, like 16 or so big ones, spread out in groups of four above ground in this swamp biome right next tot he spawn in one of our latest SMP worlds. The squelching noise eventually got to everyone and we all moved as far away as possible.

It's definitely a nice idea, although annoying at some times.

I just hope Mojang finally gets their act together and makes an over world flying mob(extreme hills biome?).

There might be a plugin compatible with BukkitForge which disables or downgrades their spawning.

Oh, alot of commends to anwser to, well lets start with

@Viktor_berg Thats a pretty nice idea, lets cover it all up then, it will be some work but worth the effort. :)

@Zarb I builded undergound, not underneath a swamp biome but underneath the ocean in a custom made biome (verry fancy etc, improving the server with huge secret cave systems with their own ecosystem)

So, like 90% of the area im building in is Jungle and 10% ocean. By the way I didnt set up a shop XD its a home with next to it a huge reactor where those slimes spawn. But now you mention about biomes, they dont seem to spawn in the Jungle biome so making it a jungle biome should fix it. I remember there is a legit way to change this with terraforming which I will apply, if this doesnt work I will place panels and covers everywhere on the ground which also gives it a fancy look, 2+'s

@theprolo

Thats would be awesome indeed but remember mojang letting the red dragons out of the most resent update, technic may think otherwise of this and put them into the mods! large flying dragons in the main world, that would be awesome! So we might be lucky :)

Thanks for the reaction guys!

slime surface spawning in swamps happens between layer 52 (i think, might have been 50 or 51 or 53) up to 69 on light level below 8. everything that happens below level 40 is an actual slime chunk which is best prevented by filling those chunks in completely or quarrying them out Y40 down to bedrock. since light levels dont affect slime chunk spawning... have fun with your new glass floor.