Does optifine work on the new update 0.5.7?

condo49

i've tried to install optifine too , on the vanilla minecraft it works fine but on tekkit i've the same issue , the world doesn't load it stops on "building terrain" and it doesn't even show a crash screen it just stays in this state forever .

Strange... i'm using Ultra that i downloaded yesterday, ploped it into modpack.jar, installed spahx, 1st launch it worked just fine...

Dont know if this matters but 4core at 3.4 and gave it 8 gb ram, loads fast and keeps me at around 70fps max settings...

SSP and SMP...

Although... it could just be angry and decide to pout =/

i wish i could help more...

B6 Standard is only compatible up to forge 499, when Tekkit was updated to 0.5.4 they updated forge to 509 and then when they updated to 0.5.7 forge was again updated to 517.

The only version of optifine compatible now that I know of is the Ultra C3 version which can support up to forge 518, there isn't a standard version at this moment that works with 0.5.7

Hope this makes sense.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, why would you want to have the 'standard' version over the ultra, as if you don't want to use some of the settings on it, you just don't?

I'm not really sure

I guess more light weight and maybe for people with integrated graphics that couldn't actually use the extra things that come with ultra.

Standard I think is what comes with Tekkit 3, so you don't have to get used to the additional options ultra has if you use that.

The latest Optifine version seems to work at first, but there's just plenty of bugs. Pressure plate won't open doors (there's the door opening and closing sound, but they stay closed), when I "grab" water (with water cells, for example) from underneath the surface, it seems to create water bubbles with air in it, however I still drown if I stay inside them (even though there's no air meter). So, I'd say, there's no working (or at least stable) version of Optifine that works with 0.5.7, so Im still using 0.5.2 ;/

The latest Optifine version seems to work at first, but there's just plenty of bugs. Pressure plate won't open doors (there's the door opening and closing sound, but they stay closed), when I "grab" water (with water cells, for example) from underneath the surface, it seems to create water bubbles with air in it, however I still drown if I stay inside them (even though there's no air meter). So, I'd say, there's no working (or at least stable) version of Optifine that works with 0.5.7, so Im still using 0.5.2 ;/

Oh, i thought it was just my computer being derpy.............

optifine seems to be hit and miss with tekkit/technic packs. I've used various versions and found the basic to have the fewest problems. My latest attempt resulted in a problem with blocks updating, for example torches wouldn't fall if the block they were attached to was removed and fluid blocks wouldn't show that they were flowing which led to a few lava deaths before I just ditched OF.

Fortunately Sphax works rather well without an HD add on I just don't get lava/water textures and the font isnt high res. If anyone know of a program that can fix those two things I would be much appreciated as OF is not worth the hassles it causes and MCpatcherHD doesn't want to get its act together for some reason.

I think the block update issues are problems with compatibility between the version of forge in 0.5.7 which is 517(i think) and apparently optifine isn't entirely happy with versions 506-517. So everything *should* work fine again come the next update of forge with tekkit lite :-)

I think the block update issues are problems with compatibility between the version of forge in 0.5.7 which is 517(i think) and apparently optifine isn't entirely happy with versions 506-517. So everything *should* work fine again come the next update of forge with tekkit lite :-)

Or you can manually update your Forge # to 518 like I did. It's pretty easy, just copy the files from the universal download package into modpack.jar and overwrite.