Modular Powersuits

MachineMuse

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this is based on my experience with the 1.4.7 version.

Okay, so this is the suggestion thread?

My suggestions is that the keyboard/mouse handling are really counter-productive.

• Looking below the horizon even slightly while flying (with flight control mode on) and pressing W will cause you to slam into the ground. This does not happen with left or right (A, S).
  • If I'm flying, Shift doesn't need to control the parachute or the glider. Shift could just as easily be down instead of Z given that the parachute and glider don't function wile the jetpack is on.
  • When facing down and pressing W, turning off the jetpack doesn't stop the thrust, preventing the parachute from deploying until W is released.
  • Shift+scroll wheel is a very bad combination for cycling power tool modules. Shift is often used in game, and using my scroll wheel to change items causes the game to get stuck on the power tool. Especially annoying as I only have one module equipped.
  • It shouldn't be possible to take falling damage with the jetpack and flight control mode both on.

In short: The jetpack taking the player in the direction they're looking is a very bad design choice. It especially makes no sense when there is a down and an up button as well.

You are stupid and should go away.

Why? Isn't this a suggestion thread?

I think she's made it pretty clear that it's not. Have you seen her todo list? Mile long. She doesn't need any more suggestions. Really though, I don't think she's chasing you away because you're making suggestions. If I had to hazard a guess, it's because half your talking points are incorrect and the rest are matters of personal preference.

I'd be annoyed too if half the criticism I got from people was:

"flight control should stop fall damage!!" (You've missed the module that stops fall damage)

"Shift should be down instead of the glider since you can't use the glider with the jetpack!" (Yes you can)

"You shouldn't have made scroll wheel selection because my mouse is broken!" (get a new mouse idiot)

Why do you hate me so much?

Well, there are numerous reasons, but the main ones are

-Acting the fake 'expert' who has opinions about stuff you don't remotely understand, thereby spreading misinformation among people who are willing to admit that they don't know shit

-Acting the bigot towards my friends

Why? Isn't this a suggestion thread?

It's not like I would criticise mods that suck.

Even if you think your jetpack is the best thing ever there's no need to behave like that.

What amazes me is that you found that link in my github without chancing upon the dozens of closed issues and changelogs which address the very things you are complaining about.

I think she's made it pretty clear that it's not. Have you seen her todo list? Mile long. She doesn't need any more suggestions. Really though, I don't think she's chasing you away because you're making suggestions. If I had to hazard a guess, it's because half your talking points are incorrect and the rest are matters of personal preference.

I'd be annoyed too if half the criticism I got from people was:

"flight control should stop fall damage!!" (You've missed the module that stops fall damage)

"Shift should be down instead of the glider since you can't use the glider with the jetpack!" (Yes you can)

"You shouldn't have made scroll wheel selection because my mouse is broken!" (get a new mouse idiot)

Well that's part of it, but it's also because I already made adjustments to address all of those complaints and they are using a pretty old version.

Well, there are numerous reasons, but the main ones are

-Acting the fake 'expert' who has opinions about stuff you don't remotely understand, thereby spreading misinformation among people who are willing to admit that they don't know shit

-Acting the bigot towards my friends

Okay, the "expert" thing is being blown way out of proportion. This is about me saying that "with a decompiler, anything is open source." Isn't it? That was a joke. As for the bigot thing, I already talked with powercrystals, and I'm not going to go into it with you again. Apparently being Catholic and following the teachings of the Catholic church makes you a bigot.

Edit: Why are all the mods looking at this thread? Is there something happening in IRC I'm unaware of?

• Forum Administrators

being Catholic and following the teachings of the Catholic church makes you a bigot.

Read this statement over and over and over again. Maybe you'll get it when you are older!

Okay, the "expert" thing is being blown way out of proportion. This is about me saying that "with a decompiler, anything is open source." Isn't it? That was a joke.

That was the one time I went full bore on you, but you do it constantly to a lesser extent.

As for the bigot thing, I already talked with powercrystals, and I'm not going to go into it with you again. Apparently being Catholic and following the teachings of the Catholic church makes you a bigot.

This is the another reason. You asked me why I hate you, and somehow you think that my gracing you with an answer is opening the floor to debate. I know what your excuses are; it's not going to change how I feel about you if you reiterate them for me.

"I love you, you love me, Were all one big happy family" I think we can all take a lesson from Barney, and cool down with some cool aid... OH YEAH!

I think there is a lesson you can take from Kurt Cobain.