Modular Powersuits

MachineMuse

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do. CC for example.

On-topic: MachineMuse, I love the multitool, because it is 3d.

But besides the plasma cannon, I felt there should be a minigun. So here is the tricky part: If there is a minigun module, let the claw transform into a minigun, as seen in DragonBall The World's Strongest. The evil dr. Kochin has one.

I rather like the Power tool, my sister that is closest to my age calls it "ugly" and my youngest sister calls it "That cool hand." :)

And what easter egg does CC have

GregTech has an easter egg if you use it with Tekkit :P

Hey,

I was just started using power suits in SMP survival and it is absolutely awesome! I think this would be a cool small feature. The ability to toggle on/off for a module that affects 2 or more suit parts, such as transparent armor. I like having just the chestpiece on me, and sometimes the active camoflage feature is quite useful. I think a great thing for the key config system would be to add each armor piece in and you link the armor piece to a key, then link it to a module. So you could link a transparent armor module to a chestpiece then to the key, so that only the transparent armor for that bit turns off.

Thanks for all the great work you did on this mod, I really hope this small feature can be added in a future release

Hey,

I was just started using power suits in SMP survival and it is absolutely awesome! I think this would be a cool small feature. The ability to toggle on/off for a module that affects 2 or more suit parts, such as transparent armor. I like having just the chestpiece on me, and sometimes the active camoflage feature is quite useful. I think a great thing for the key config system would be to add each armor piece in and you link the armor piece to a key, then link it to a module. So you could link a transparent armor module to a chestpiece then to the key, so that only the transparent armor for that bit turns off.

Thanks for all the great work you did on this mod, I really hope this small feature can be added in a future release

That's rather pointless as it's kinda already implemented.

That is not at all what he was suggesting or what that's for you rube! :argh:

That's actually something I suggested like a month or two ago so I'm sure it's on the radar.

It is, you can press "K" IIRC to open up the keybindings interface. There you can assign any module to any unused key.

Love the mod, even more so the recipe balancing with Gregtech and IC2 and UE.

Just 1 small request, Are you aware of the magnetic poles in IC2, well with iron boots you can fly up them, but power boots you can. Would you be so kind as to be able to make it so we can.

Thanks

They do. CC for example.

On-topic: MachineMuse, I love the multitool, because it is 3d.

But besides the plasma cannon, I felt there should be a minigun. So here is the tricky part: If there is a minigun module, let the claw transform into a minigun, as seen in DragonBall The World's Strongest. The evil dr. Kochin has one.

I have no idea what you're talking about but do it yourself.

Good job mate! This is one of my favorite mods; the only reason for playing voltz!!!! But could you give us an expansion so you can craft and recharge powersuits without IC2? I hate these adanced mods and want them as simple as possible! Thank you ;)

A cool thing would be like, camouflage module which makes the armor AND you transparent, like a sneak attack feature that activates when you sneak (name should disappear too) and I would like a plasma sword in 3D put on it :) The coding is probably difficult, but if i could do magic tricks I would implement this. Once again, great work!!!

God, shut up, you blithering morons.

There, there. Have a divinity cookie, and don't pay any attention to the little people. You already have a nice list to work on, and the rest of us decent folk are happy to wait on you. :)

All this is based on my experience with the 1.4.7 version.

Okay, so this is the suggestion thread?

My suggestions is that the keyboard/mouse handling are really counter-productive.

• Looking below the horizon even slightly while flying (with flight control mode on) and pressing W will cause you to slam into the ground. This does not happen with left or right (A, S).
  • If I'm flying, Shift doesn't need to control the parachute or the glider. Shift could just as easily be down instead of Z given that the parachute and glider don't function wile the jetpack is on.
  • When facing down and pressing W, turning off the jetpack doesn't stop the thrust, preventing the parachute from deploying until W is released.
  • Shift+scroll wheel is a very bad combination for cycling power tool modules. Shift is often used in game, and using my scroll wheel to change items causes the game to get stuck on the power tool. Especially annoying as I only have one module equipped.
  • It shouldn't be possible to take falling damage with the jetpack and flight control mode both on.

In short: The jetpack taking the player in the direction they're looking is a very bad design choice. It especially makes no sense when there is a down and an up button as well.

I have to agree that shift+scroll wheel is bad, but only because some people (myself included) don't have mice with working scroll wheels.

Edit: Saw you added a config option to change this in the 1.5 version. Not really helpful for me since I won't be updating for a while, but it's something to look forward to.

I have to agree that shift+scroll wheel is bad, but only because some people (myself included) don't have mice with working scroll wheels.

Edit: Saw you added a config option to change this in the 1.5 version. Not really helpful for me since I won't be updating for a while, but it's something to look forward to.

Wait what? "I'd like you to update to change the way this thing works that I don't like." "oh I see you did. Well it doesn't help me because I don't want to update."

:psyduck: