[FIXED] Tekkit mods don't play well with Towny?

gummby8

So I have found a few threads regarding errors such as

Failed to fetch resident: [insertmodnamehere]

Buildcraft, IC2, Forestry, Redpower, all use a fake playername to build/break blocks, and towny gets pissy about it and spams that error whenever a block break event is used with teh fake playername.

Many of these threads sugest giving the fake player name admin rights in PEX. I have done this and instead of a calm "Failed to fetch resident:" I get a storm of towny errors where it cant send the blockbreakevent" to towny. This occurs anytime someone sets up a farm, or foreseter or...anything that attempts to breaks a block.

The towny devs have washed their hands of this as it is not a bukkit plugin.

Does anyone have a working fix to this issue?

Re: Tekkit mods don't play well with Towny?

I've done that. Now it spams unholy amounts of blockbreakevent errors in relation to...just about every plugin that uses that event. Towny, worldguard, dungeonbuilder, logblock, modifyworld.

Giving the fake player op or admin perms does not fix this problem.

• Forum Administrators

I am not sure why you are getting errors. Here is a snippet out of my PEX permissions file. This works for us without any issues:

groups:

Entity:

default: false

permissions:

- '*'

users:

'[industrialCraft]':

group:

- Entity

'[buildCraft]':

group:

- Entity

'[Forestry]':

group:

- Entity

i tried adding it exactly like you had and im still getting spammed with failed to fetch resident: [Forestry] i also tried oping [Forestry] and '[Forestry] with no success....did op every fix his problem?

Not entirely sure what fixed it. I had oped the [forestry] name before and it didn't work. I switched all the mods to null on the fake player, rebooted and switched them all to [fake] for a player name, after a restart it worked.

I am pretty sure it was not the restart that fixed it, because I had left the [forestry] name opped overnight and the server restarted at least 3 times before I got back to it. I am wondering if it has to do with the name. IDK I call FM on this and I'm just going to leave it alone.

I have found a final solution to this issue.

In the forestry and buildcraft config I changed the fake player name to my own. I made sure to keep the fakeplayer login to false. So far I have seen no ill affects when I play and every towns farms are functioning, no errors in console anymore either.

I found that once I turned on town debug mode, the console was saying that even tho the fakeplayername had perms, that it was still not a registered member of towny. Essentially the fakeplayer has to have at least logged on once for towny to accept the perms. Changeijng the fakeplayername to any actual playuer that has logged into the server since the towny plugin was installed and giving them full perms seems to work

Ill tell howto fix towny vs Tekkit in the post i got here thats stickyed when i get to it. Towny will infact be one of the first stuff ill cover there, since landmanagement is pretty important for any SMP servers.

I tried this fix, towny exploded, deleted every resident and town. I had to roll back 24 hours to fix it.

I have found a final solution to this issue.

In the forestry and buildcraft config I changed the fake player name to my own. I made sure to keep the fakeplayer login to false. So far I have seen no ill affects when I play and every towns farms are functioning, no errors in console anymore either.

I found that once I turned on town debug mode, the console was saying that even tho the fakeplayername had perms, that it was still not a registered member of towny. Essentially the fakeplayer has to have at least logged on once for towny to accept the perms. Changeijng the fakeplayername to any actual playuer that has logged into the server since the towny plugin was installed and giving them full perms seems to work

I Did this as well and it worked fine for my tree farm :D. Thx for the help!