What Server Host Provider is best?

Shocksteky

Its better to rent a dedicated server.

Agreed, I'm running various servers off of a dedicated and when you have 3.4 Ghz CPU and 16 Gb of RAM all to yourself you know it's worth the money, just about all of the lag experienced on my server has been client-side

As for the service, response time is usually between 4 and 8 hours and longest downtime has been just under 24 hours (22h 51m to be exact)

I would share more details but this is getting a little to close to the no advertising rule for my liking

Agreed, I'm running various servers off of a dedicated and when you have 3.4 Ghz CPU and 16 Gb of RAM all to yourself you know it's worth the money, just about all of the lag experienced on my server has been client-side

As for the service, response time is usually between 4 and 8 hours and longest downtime has been just under 24 hours (22h 51m to be exact)

I would share more details but this is getting a little to close to the no advertising rule for my liking

I don't think you would get stepped on for speaking from personal experience. no advertising means things like "hey guys! check out my server hosting service! *link*! *slogan*!" and similar. it doesn't mean you can't recommend stuff, especially if it's something you've used and been happy with. I agree it can be a fine line, but I don't think you would be crossing it, so feel free to inform us about this thing you are using.

The dedicated server is from GameServers.com, the exact package I use is no longer available as they have changed their offers but look like the prices have dropped while the server strength has gone up

WAMP, 2 Teamspeaks, Tekkit Lite and various srcds, uuc and M&B game servers all running at once. I've gone without a control panel so I have remote control of the server via RDP so it's almost like having a server in the building with me

The connection as determined by speedtest.net is around 40 Mb down and 18 Mb Up and despite having all of those servers running I've never had any lag that couldn't be traced back to the client, in fact with my connection has actually had 20 to 30 ms shaved off compared to other servers based in the same are

Long story short, if you can afford the minimum package ($169.00 at this time) then it is worth the investment, by far

P.S that link at the start is an affiliate link, if you go with GS please use it