Recommended banned items for a server?

Awesomecross97

Thank you. Anything else?

Dissagree with these recomendations, There appear to be no issues with induction furnaces, perhapse your game/server has a bug?

Power armour is not an issue ban worthy, just needs meddeling in the config files so your comp looks more specifically that "Moving too fast"

Good Banned Items:

Nuke

Industrial TNT

All Dynamite

Mining Laser

Anchors (use teleport tethers)

Also a good idea to disable the tree capitator on a public server ;)

Dissagree with these recomendations, There appear to be no issues with induction furnaces, perhapse your game/server has a bug?

Power armour is not an issue ban worthy, just needs meddeling in the config files so your comp looks more specifically that "Moving too fast"

Good Banned Items:

Nuke

Industrial TNT

All Dynamite

Mining Laser

Anchors (use teleport tethers)

Wow. That's all that you really need to ban? It is just hard for me to believe because I am used to the laundry list of banned items from Tekkit Classic.

Wow. That's all that you really need to ban? It is just hard for me to believe because I am used to the laundry list of banned items from Tekkit Classic.

Basically just ban anything that's going to explode. Or turn explosions off entirely, which is what I recommend. Buildcraft things that are meant to explode when misused will still explode, but they won't damage anything around them.

Basically just ban anything that's going to explode. Or turn explosions off entirely, which is what I recommend. Buildcraft things that are meant to explode when misused will still explode, but they won't damage anything around them.

OK so only ban things that explode. Tekkite Lite seems A LOT more safe than Tekkit Classic.

OK so only ban things that explode. Tekkite Lite seems A LOT more safe than Tekkit Classic.

Anything else that can do damage can easily be avoided with permissions. Make sure you know how to make fake users for whatever permission system you use, and have ComputerCraft on it, because the turtles are able to go through protections without it.

Anything else that can do damage can easily be avoided with permissions. Make sure you know how to make fake users for whatever permission system you use, and have ComputerCraft on it, because the turtles are able to go through protections without it.

I am not familiar with fake users. What are they exactly?

I am not familiar with fake users. What are they exactly?

They're added to your permissions as users, generally named [mod].

Eg. [buildcraft] [Redpower] etc. I'm not certain that's how it works with every permissions system though, so be sure to find out.

Induction furnace and sorry to say, the new power armors they just added. Induction furnace allows effortless duping of iron. The new power armor allows people to move faster than the server can keep track (And in ways that should be impossible)

Might as well ban Q Armour as well.

ComputerCraft can be configured to use a fake user for each turtle, which is useful if you want users turtles to work in their own protections (with a bit of work) or if you have a logging plugin to track which turtle broken a block, rather than just "[Turtle]"

Excuse me, but i see threads like this pop up a lot, but i do not see any methods of banning this kind of stuff. Do i have to go in to the permissions in forge? Or are there console commands to ban certain things from being Created/spawned?

I experimented with Block ID's in the config files of the modifications within tekkit lite, but that didnt seem to work at all.

Induction furnace and sorry to say, the new power armors they just added. Induction furnace allows effortless duping of iron. The new power armor allows people to move faster than the server can keep track (And in ways that should be impossible)

How does the Induction Furnace allow duping Iron?

The only thing I know of which can do something even remotely close to that is the Induction Smelter, which requires Rich Slag. There's a small chance you get Rich Slag when smelting ores with sand. And you can't get more rich slag without ores.

How does the Induction Furnace allow duping Iron?

The only thing I know of which can do something even remotely close to that is the Induction Smelter, which requires Rich Slag. There's a small chance you get Rich Slag when smelting ores with sand. And you can't get more rich slag without ores.

No, he's actually right for once. It's a bug. Cook a water bucket in an induction furnace

Ban it with worldguard:

put bukkit forge in coremods folder

http://build.technicpack.net:8080/job/BukkitForge/

blacklist in worldguard plugin .(/server/plugins/worldguard/worlds, copy your finished blacklist to all worlds)

this is my list:

[tnt]

ignore-groups=admins

on-place=deny,notify,kick

[237]

ignore-groups=admins

[239]

ignore-groups=admins

[327]

ignore-groups=admins

[373]

ignore-groups=admins

on-use=deny,notify,kick

[397]

ignore-groups=admins

[11559]

ignore-groups=admins

on-use=deny,notify,kick

[11561]

ignore-groups=admins

on-use=deny,notify,kick

[27003]

ignore-groups=admins

on-use=deny,notify,kick

[30208]

ignore-groups=admins

on-use=deny,notify,kick

[30214]

ignore-groups=admins

on-use=deny,notify,kick

[30215]

ignore-groups=admins

on-use=deny,notify,kick

[31998]

ignore-groups=admins

on-use=deny,notify,kick

No, he's actually right for once. It's a bug. Cook a water bucket in an induction furnace

Nothing happens. Tested using the latest Rec. Build of Tekkit Lite, and in the 1.4.6 versions of Tekkit Lite.

EDIT: Never mind, furnace wasn't heated yet, that is weird. You're probably supposed to be able to empty them of water.

EDIT: Never mind, furnace wasn't heated yet, that is weird. You're probably supposed to be able to empty them of water.

Yup! But it produces a second bucket. So, it is my recommendation it be removed.

As far as the power armor, I rescind my recommendation for banning it. Its just simply OP, nothing more.