[1.0.13] Voltz Showdown [No banned items] Looking for players!

kent-ove andersen

Hi fellow Voltz fanatics!

nuke.jpg

Myself and 3 friends are playing Voltz on a server that im hosting in Norway. We are looking to get a rivalry going with another group of players. And now we are hoping to find up to 6 more players to play against. The server will only have a couple of plugins installed. Im thinking Factions and something like treecapitator. I dont think we will have any banned items (maby the red matter explosives) not sure yet. Basicly what we want to do is have a war server with 2-3 factions. so the max players is going to be 10-13 players. atm we are 4 playing. We are a friendly and mature bunch of Men with explosives ready to have a full out war. Im going to host a Team Speak 3 server on the side so we have a place to talk, every faction will get a channel in the Teamspeak that they moderate. Also the Voltz server it self will be White-listed to ensure that we dont get randome players ingame griefing our server. If you are unsure about how your connection to the server will be i can tell you this, One of the players currently playing on my server is from Australia, and he has a very playable connection :)

What you need to join the fun!

- A working mic

-Be mature at least (16) years of age. (since the average age so far is 23-24)

-And have a good sence of humor (this is needed cus you might log in to see your base if not hidden well enough blown to bits)

Rules!

-No hax

-No glitching or any kind of abuse of bugs such as dupes etc...

-No Cheating texturepacks!

-Be nice to other players! (ofc that does not mean you cant blow them to bits but you understand where im going with this rule)

As you can see almost everything is allowed! :)

How do i join?

-Post here in the thread with your application or send me a message.

-Just tell me alittle about yourself so i can at least get alittle knowlege about you :) and ofc if you meet the (What you need to join the fun!) part of the post!

What we are looking to do is something like the Yogscast are doing with Voltz. If you have not seen it go have a look on youtube :)

And last, The only one that will be oped is me. I can asure you that i will not be spawning in ANY items or anything like that. The only reason i have OP is incase someone get stuck or something like that happens.

If you feel i left something important out on this post please do tell me and il answear you as quick as i can! :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very keen to play on a team if aloud and you are still looking for people, played tekkit a bit and starting with volts now, know a little but eager to learn. I am on New Zealand time though, not sure if that would create a problem :/

Minecraft name: dlsturbed

Mic: Yes

Hi dude I Just seen the post and I feel me and my mate would really want to do a voltz thing

All we need are just some basic equipment and we will build!

Ign: Kingolly999 and MINECRAFTWIZZ74

We both have mics and we are both from britain

Just PM me the IP so we can join, anymore info just ask

We are both 16 but We sound 13 because we both ain't broke our voices :(

name: Fettlelust

mic: well I don't know what kind of laptop doesn't come with a mic nowadays *shrug* (yes if you were still wondering :P )

Anything else you would like to know? hmmm, been an age and a half since i touched tekkit soo I'll be rusty, my loyalty lies with whoever can give me work and space, I won't stab you in the back, yet I'll be expect anyone to do that to me, if I get sucked into a project you'll see me day ...and...night....and day again, although class always takes precedent, also I'm currently in Thailand soo conventional timing might not be good for me, *shrug*, find me work, give me space, and you got yourself a willing "partner".

Hey kent-ove andersen,

So far your server is the only one with an expected age limit higher than 13 (i'm exaggerating a bit :P ) that I've seen so far (and hasn't been alive long enough to have people with a million nukes).

Myself and a friend want to have more of a challenge than just playing by ourselves. We have a massive base with basically everything you could imagine but I'm more than willing to start from scratch if it means I can shoot missiles at non-pig people. I have some questions though;

1. A few times in the past when Voltz had gone through an update, blocks ended up getting switched around and items effectively got destroyed. Normally this is a 'whatever, we'll build it again' thing. But once we lost over 200 heat generators (which powered the fusion reactors and deuterium extractors), we used OP mode to give us those generators back. If this were to happen on your server, would you be willing to give us any items we lost on mass back or anything that would of been hell'a difficult to create? Anything relatively minor we never care about... If you ever tried to build that many heat generators from scratch you know our pain...

2. Would we have a grace period to build up? As in, you wouldn't attack us until we had gotten past the mud hut phase?

3. What version are you running at?

4. Do you take backups? (Sometimes certain items can corrupt the entire world, and losing more than a days work sucks hard)

FYI; I'm 26, same as my friend. We both have microphones.

Cheers,

Gyrix

Hey kent-ove andersen,

So far your server is the only one with an expected age limit higher than 13 (i'm exaggerating a bit :P ) that I've seen so far (and hasn't been alive long enough to have people with a million nukes).

Myself and a friend want to have more of a challenge than just playing by ourselves. We have a massive base with basically everything you could imagine but I'm more than willing to start from scratch if it means I can shoot missiles at non-pig people. I have some questions though;

1. A few times in the past when Voltz had gone through an update, blocks ended up getting switched around and items effectively got destroyed. Normally this is a 'whatever, we'll build it again' thing. But once we lost over 200 heat generators (which powered the fusion reactors and deuterium extractors), we used OP mode to give us those generators back. If this were to happen on your server, would you be willing to give us any items we lost on mass back or anything that would of been hell'a difficult to create? Anything relatively minor we never care about... If you ever tried to build that many heat generators from scratch you know our pain...

2. Would we have a grace period to build up? As in, you wouldn't attack us until we had gotten past the mud hut phase?

3. What version are you running at?

4. Do you take backups? (Sometimes certain items can corrupt the entire world, and losing more than a days work sucks hard)

FYI; I'm 26, same as my friend. We both have microphones.

Cheers,

Gyrix

Hi there! :) we have one more spot open for one more team! to answear your questions:

- Voltz server (1.0.13) we just updated and might downgrade. depends on what works and what does not.

- If you loose something due to an update or something like that i will spawn in the lost items! :)

- i try to do 2 backups a day. so far we have not needed to load backups :)

- you will get a grace period when you start a new team. normaly 1-2 days (realtime days) :) depends on what you need. you have to PM me with your ingame nicks so i can white-list you.

I am looking for people to play with and would love to join you guys. I'm from Ireland have a good connection, I'm 19 and have a great microphone. I know a lot about voltz and I like to make machines in it. Check out my artillery range

I hope yous let me join, thank you :)

I've been looking for a server like this. As a 29 year old male I'm basicly looking for some smaller server with low ping for some "friendly" competition. And since reading about the voltz modpack. The idea of faction based warfare sounds like an awsome idea.

I'm from Sweden so playing with people from the same timezone sounds benificial. Since I got work and family I'm not able to play every night.

I've got a microphone and is not afraid to use it. ;)

And if your server is full, I'm defintly starting my own. :P

Nuclear war, railguns and missilelaunchers are too much fun to miss out on.

My username in minecraft is 3ch000.

If you feel i left something important out on this post please do tell me and il answear you as quick as i can! :)

You need a version number, banned mods & items list(s), and some uptime info. You also need to fix your title.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons