combustion vs electrical engine

blobbo

It's fixed sadly. It consumes at 6eu/t. And that rate is fixed AFAIK. I can place 1 HV solar array ontop of an MFSU, wire it to like, 5 electrical engines and it's running at the speed of awesome for my Biofuel factory. And the MFSU remains full majority of the time.

Electric engines start working when they can get 1EU/t (probably not much more efficient than redstone engine at that point, but it does move) and work at full efficiency when they can get 6EU/t. Far as I know there isn't 2~5EU/t though. So either you need to supply all or (near) nothing. They are capped to the 6EU/t though. Or at least mine only take that much from a wire that could give them up to 512EU/t :P

Also good thing is you can put them to 512EU/t net without the engine exploding. Makes it hella lot easier to manage multiple engines when you don't actually need to share it with BatBoxes/MFEs.

I think Quarrys speed maxes out around 9MJish?

5 electrical engines on the other side of a power teleport pipe are a popular way of remote quarrying.

Theres also the bio-gas and other engines from forestry which can put out higher MJ with no explosion risk.

The combustion engine runs only 5mj when its being powered by fuel, when its oil its just 2mj. Peat engines also generate the same amount, but they can only be fueled by peat. Bio-gas engines, not sure how many mj they output, but they can run on milk, bio-mass, and biofuel. They do need to be heated up first. One bucket of lava should do, and as long as they running on bio-mass or biofuel, you won't need anymore unless you let them cool off.