Instmods folder...

TopGun96

Hey all. I want to add mods to the mindcrack modpack as my friends are all too lazy to add mods themselves. The only problem is that this modpack uses an instmods folder outside of the minecraft folder. The platform doesn't explain how to make this work. Any help? Thanks

...the mindcrack modpack. As in, the one that uses the FTB launcher. As in, the launcher that is not the technic launcher.

Assuming that that's the modpack you're talking about, (I think it is, as the FTB launcher is sort of MultiMC based, and MultiMC is the component that uses instmods), why on earth would we be the people to ask about changing an FTB modpack. I'd think the FTB forums would be a lot more helpful in answering an FTB related question...

You'd have to completely rebuild that mod pack on your own - and if you do, I'm pretty sure you'd be castrated for calling it a Mindcrack modpack. :) The Technic launcher doesn't use an instMods folder (though I wish it did have a similarly easy method). Instead you have to compile those mods into your modpack.jar.

From what I've seen thus far, the Technic launcher is all about getting a modpack to your users that's ready to go. No customization on their part. Just download and go. I hope that one day they add features to the launcher that will let me customize my local client (with client only mods), but I haven't heard one way or another yet.

Are you looking to rehost a FTB pack on platform?

More or less. I like the overall balance of mods that are already on mindcrack. However, I would like to imply add a few more. As SeanWcom has stated, I suppose I have to recompile the mods in that folder into the modpack.jar. Is that correct?

You can't use the ftb download, that wouldn't work at all (and if it did, would be a dick move that would ignite a firestorm of hate).

Write down the mods you want, make a pack here out of it, and release it just like any other pack.

Platform gives pretty much infinite possibilities in an easy to distribute form. Why people would want to copy another pack mod for mod is beyond me...

You can't use the ftb download, that wouldn't work at all (and if it did, would be a dick move that would ignite a firestorm of hate).

Write down the mods you want, make a pack here out of it, and release it just like any other pack.

Platform gives pretty much infinite possibilities in an easy to distribute form. Why people would want to copy another pack mod for mod is beyond me...

Ok... sorry. I did as you said but am apparently doing something wrong. My modpack (here) is set up properly (I think) but the launcher refuses to download it. It stays at 0% and launches vanilla minecraft. Any help? Thanks

Ok... sorry. I did as you said but am apparently doing something wrong. My modpack (here) is set up properly (I think) but the launcher refuses to download it. It stays at 0% and launches vanilla minecraft. Any help? Thanks

that means that you almost certainly fucked up...

You will need a direct download link. That google drive link requires you to click a link to download the file, which just won't do.

Hmm... I clicked on that link and did not have to click anything else. Do you know of a good free hosting site that has direct download links?

If it helps, instmods are just jarmods. You can build them into a pack by combining them all into a single mod called modpack.jar and placing it in the ./bin folder of the pack zip.

Yeah I did that, but since the launcher can't download the pack, I can't tell if it worked or not.