Combustion Engine - Multiple Issues

wadeal

Running single player, I've found multiple issues with the combustion engine.

1. Using a lever with the engines turns an engine off but not back on. Have to destroy and re-place the engine to make it work again.

2. Water isn't pumping to the engines correctly - using the same design as I would previously with Tekkit of one pump to 3 engines with infinite water pumped evenly (single junction to all engines). The engines just run out of water eventually, despite the pump being on and water being in the pipe above the junction. I've tried with only 2 engines running and broke the 3rd pipe to test with same result.

Any idea what's going on or if this is known? I couldn't find anything searching.

Thanks

On point 1 that is intended and working correctly. A combustion engine must cool down to 0 before it can be restarted. It says so in pretty much every wiki page on combustion engines in every wiki.

2 sounds strange, one pump should be able to handle 2 engines. Perhaps your piping is bugging? try it with one pump per engine without connecting the piping for them at all, that is sure to make it work.

I have a bit of the same problem, I even swapped all the pipes from stone to gold ones. My solution was to have one pump per engine.

BTW: Always make sure the pumps/pipes are chunkloaded. I am going to try gates for added security as you can set them to say stop the engine if it goes yellow (starting to get too hot and thus dangerous)

Hey thanks for the info on point one.

Here's the pump status, as you can see above the pipe junction is full, but below it goes down as if there's nothing to accept the water. But the engines just empty out and start overheating after a few minutes. I'm within like 20-30 blocks when this occurs, seems to be random though so hard to just sit there and wait for it. Luckily I keep catching it in time.

20130401234443.png

Also just to add I have tried with the Dimensional Anchor next to the pumps and the engines (both set to 9x9). No change on that.

Try switching to gold pipes or liquiducts - they might transport more water faster, so you'll be less likely to run out of coolant in the engines. It looks to me like those pipes just can't bring water through fast enough for the engines there.