Where should I begin in Tekkit Lite? For example, specific machinery, quarries, macerators or mods?

Luke TB

Any have some good beginning methods to start playing tekkit lite? Besides getting wood and making a house what should we start off making thats not to sophisticated and will help? You can suggest mods, specific machines like the macerator or ideas like quarries, etc.

• Discord Moderator

Applied Energistics implements something called ME Networks. This provides:

• Functionally infinite storage
  • Automated crafting that is both super fast and trivially easy once set up
  • Export/Import/Storage integration with other blocks/machines that do things or have inventories
  • Wireless access to all the above

1 try to find a big crack, or cave system below 30

2 mine stuffs to get a quary

3 build a minor auto processing plant ( smelts iron, compress uranium etc )

4 look around and find the best mod what suit your need ( i would recomment applied energetics or logistics pipes, need a lot of crafting, but if its up, it will do a lot of job)

Applied Energistics changed earlygame quite a bit, so I'll assume you have the latest tekkit.

1: After finding your base location and getting your cobble tools, hunt for quartz, copper, and iron. Do NOT smelt any ores you get.

2: Make a quartz pick and a quartz grinder. The pick is equal to iron in what it can mine, and the grinder will ensure you don't miss out on a single ingot from your ores.

3: Decide which processing mod you will go with. IC2 is easier to get a small stream of infinite energy and the power storage is cheaper, but everything requires a lot more iron than the TE equivalents. Thermal expansion uses less metal for machines (especially iron), but requires gold and more redstone. My suggestion is TE pulverizer and sawmill then full set of IC2 machines starting with the extractor.

4: Make IC2 tools as you need them. Work on nano armor and an MFE (8 diamonds, 64 redstone, 8 iron, 1 gold, 8 rubber, 168 coal).

5: If you can dedicate time to let it run, use CC mining turtles instead of quarries. You can use gem picks instead of diamond to make the turtles, but you lose out on obsidian.

Ok should I use modular power suits or will that be too expensive early in the game? we already have most of the ic2 machines and a good energy supply. Can solar power power the ic2 machines??? Also, which is better: the power tool or the diamond mining drill? I know you have to upgrade the power tool but still?

I wouldn't as it's too expensive really early. Yes. The diamond drill uses less power, but isn't as versatile. It's a better starting point, though, in my opinion. Also, it can be enchanted (with books and an anvil), and I don't believe the power tool can.