I bring you all a challenge!

NightFire661

Using Birch Trees and MFR Block Breakers would work wonderfully. Just put a stationary turtle down too, which checks if there's free space for another birch sapling, and have it place the sapling once there's space.

I would use a turtle. it wouldn't be too hard to program it: (pseudo code)

while true

use item in slot 1 (sapling)

use item in slot 2 (bonemeal)

mine forward

move forward

i = 0

while i < 10

mine up

move up

end

move down 10

move back 5

unload all slots into chest except for 1 & 2

move forward 4

end

As you can see it's fairly simple. Doesn't cover everything, like fuel, but shouldn't be to tricky.

The tree would be grown on a single dirt block over a pit of flowing water that pushes saplings and apples to obsidian pipes.

filler(set to clear.. all glass) to chop them down and obsidian pipes or something to collect stuff that hits the ground... Not sure how to plant them tho.

Fillers no longer drop things they remove from the world as items. They are simply deleted.

Awesome. I never considered that approach... So it's excavate but it plants as well?

Yeah. If you typed "lumber 9", the lumber program would search for trees in a 9x9 radius in the front-left of it, cut them down, and re-plant saplings.

Lua isn't very hard to learn. Just follow a few tutorials, there's lots on the ComputerCraft forums too.

Out of all the languages, Lua is probably the easiest to learn. It always seems to follow me around, too. I used to program Wiremod Expression2 logic gates in Garry's Mod using Lua. Then, my school project leader made me program a game in Love2D (Uses Lua), and now I use it extensively in CC too.

LUA looks very straight forward. But I'm not gonna bother learning it at the moment. Another time though!

Anyway I should have been more specific and stated I was playing on a server. Turtles and Fillers are banned due to griefing and such.

I'll try other methods but until tekkit updates I don't know if it's worth getting Steam engines over Magmatic.

Wait, I just realized, you have an issue with planters, What about harvesters? if you can still use harvesters from MFR, and planters from steves carts you should be able to get that to work just fine, according to your initial post you have no planter, and no woodcutter, so invert the functions to the other mod. now if neither work, then you are kinda boned. Also based on the fact that turtles and such are banned, quarries are as well, or I would say you could probably automate a tree farm with a quarry, at a much larger scale than MFR stuff as well.

Wait, I just realized, you have an issue with planters, What about harvesters? if you can still use harvesters from MFR, and planters from steves carts you should be able to get that to work just fine, according to your initial post you have no planter, and no woodcutter, so invert the functions to the other mod. now if neither work, then you are kinda boned. Also based on the fact that turtles and such are banned, quarries are as well, or I would say you could probably automate a tree farm with a quarry, at a much larger scale than MFR stuff as well.

STEVES CART HAS A PLANTER!?

I thought that was installed with the woodcutter, but I didn't know Steve's Carts had a separate version!

Im fairly certain it does, it can farm other stuff, I assume it just has an inventory and plants from it.

Yeah but each one has a requirement.

The Woodcutter can only plant Saplings.

Farmer can only plant Seeds.

Bridge builder can only place Bricks I think. Or other building mats.

MCPC is bugging out the Woodcutter's ability to plant saplings but not the Farmer's ability to plant Seeds. Weird huh?

probably because when a tree grows it can mess up things around it, which imo, is a stupid level of protection but w/e.

I never had that problem.. Huh weird.. Anyway it doesn't matter I set up a farm and just going all out with Biofuel. About 19 reactors keeps me covered.