Lag?

NzLHD

Hey, I have recently joined a friends server. im not getting a bad ping (250ms) but im getting really bad block lag. this only happens with the new tekkit even when hosted by the same person.

The interesting thing is that player movement is in realtime (no lag). just wondering if this might be a server bug or my type of connection. if you could suggest any fixes or explanitatons, would be appreciated.

Cheers, Nz

Hey, I have recently joined a friends server. im not getting a bad ping (250ms) but im getting really bad block lag. this only happens with the new tekkit even when hosted by the same person.

The interesting thing is that player movement is in realtime (no lag). just wondering if this might be a server bug or my type of connection. if you could suggest any fixes or explanitatons, would be appreciated.

Cheers, Nz

Hmm.. Could be an issue with how much RAM is assigned to the server / processing power the computer has.

Also, I would remove that signature at the end of your post. It's against the rules.

Problem Solved?!

I think I had the same problem...

I wasn't able to walk without lagging, open doors working well, too, but when I was clicking on chests, or BC/TE machines to open their interfaces it happens between a minute and two minutes later than I've clicked on them.

When I was clicking on a chest for example, my buddy everytime told me, that it is already open, but I can see it in about a minute later.

We've checked the RAM assigned to the server and it's used by 60%. Even the processor is just "chilling around".

My PC uses 10% of it's CPU and 5% of it's RAM.

We've tried to start a Tekkit Lite server. Tekkit Lite was running without problems until the Launcher update yesterday, but now it's as laggy as the actual Tekkit pack.

Then I proofed my options again an saw "Servertextures: ON" in my Video Settings and put it off.

After that it was working!

I'll test it for a while and if it doesn't help I'll tell you =)

Greetings,

Alzheimer1992

EDIT:

Worked for a few minutes, then started lagging again...

My buddy told me it could be the internet connection, but it has worked for months.

I hope someone could help with that^^

Me and my friends have the exact problem, we can play FTB together with no problem but we cant play Tekkit without this problem popping up.

We tried to reinstall the tekkit files and the server files which helped for about 10-20 mins then the problem came back.

Same problem here. Tekkit classic no problems. 1.0.3 lags to all hell when hosted. This occurs with both server hardware and local desktop.

Let me know whats needed to help troubleshoot.

• Discord Moderator

Plus, not everyone is having this problem. I am running a server from home (albeit on a ridiculously beefy ESXi host and a 5MB back channel) and even with 4 remote players and 3 local we are at a solid 20 TPS and everything is running smooth as glass.

I'm also experiencing high latency on my upload. on my local network i'm connected to the server gigabit so i'm not experiencing any lag issues. But multiple users that connect through the Wan have experienced unplayable lag. I'm hosting the server on a 10mb/s down and 1mb/s up Wan. i've noticed for every connection to my server is uploading 1MB/s per user connecting. You can see why they are experiencing latency issues. I would love to contribute to the investigation. Where do I get these logs from to help solve this.

The forge log at .technic/tekkitmain/ForgeModLoader-Client-0

That said, we now have a tekkit bug report forum and there is an open thread there about this issue, so I'm going to kindly ask that you take this conversation over there. :)