A few suggestions and improvements for the new tekkit

akhayo

Played the new tekkit in normal mode for a couple days and quite liked it. A few things i noticed:

• creating a big bag required a lot of string, leather is no problem i just builded a cow farm, but string you can only get from spiders, cause you can't macerate/pulverize woll anymore. Was a bit of challenge.
  • i did not build quarries until the end and they are moving very fast and produce a lot of cobblestone. You can't do much with cobblestone. Converting it to iron with the minimum stone depletes the minimum stone very quickly. Maybe a way to actually destroy stone? Just throwing it into lava was already a lot of manual work.
  • i found it a bit easy and was already turning off magma engines cause the power couldn't get anywhere. I did build a lot of redpower cells but 10 seem to be more than enough.

Just some thoughts :)

1) String is plentiful in abandoned mineshafts, just bring some shears and cut the cobwebs.

2) Void pipes automatically delete anything that goes into them, but if you can, you should look into Deep Storage: http://ftbwiki.org/Deep_Storage_Unit.

3) Energy tesseracts will allow you to send power over distances/dimensions. If you need a power sink, build an ME network: http://tekkitlite.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Applied_Energistics.

1You can't do much with cobblestone. 2Maybe a way to actually destroy stone? Just throwing it into lava was already a lot of manual work.

1) Create a Magma Crucible. Melt the cobblestone down to lava. You can then use this lava, in combination with water, in the Igneous Extruder to create cobblestone (useless, of course), smooth stone or obsidian.

2) Create a small pit of lava and have a buildcraft pipe hang over it. Items go through the pipe and end up in your lava pit.

I just discovered this, but there's an option in the ThermalExpansion.cfg under the 'Tweak' section that reads

B:Pulverizer.Wool=false

Change that 'false' to 'true' and you should be able to pulverize wool into string in a 1:1 conversion.

I just discovered this, but there's an option in the ThermalExpansion.cfg under the 'Tweak' section that reads

Change that 'false' to 'true' and you should be able to pulverize wool into string in a 1:1 conversion.

Hmm, wonder why that was turned off?

Here how I solved the cobblestone problem, I have my quarry pump items into an item router, and on the bottom of the router I have a void pipe, then I simply filter dirt and cobble into the bottom of the router and everything else to the sides where they are piped into a gold chest.

It's off by default because I feel it's kind of a dumb thing.

I always thought so too back when the macerator was around, but it is damn convenient. Did you ever think about using the sawmill instead of the pulverizer? Still dumb but at least logically feasible.