Buildcraft pipes

The Tall J.S.

Question

and by pipes, I mean, buildcraft pipes, both waterproof and redstone/electric. For instance, using the TE magmatic engine connected to sterling engines through wood and golden conductive pipes, power doesn't go through the pipes. And using the magma crucible connected to the liquid transposer by a waterproof wood pipe, I can get redstone liquid into the pipe but not into the transposer.

just updated as well (1.0.6) I'm having to break and replace all of my conductive pipes (connected to TE engines) every once in a while. I'm scared to leave for too long and have one explode =C

Edit: I am rolling back my SMP server to an earlier version until this is fixed (Can't have stuff blowing up everywhere)

I'm having the same problem. From the bug I posted on github:

On chunk reload my golden conductive pipes will stop working. They visually appear as if they are connected, but I can clearly mine the block behind them in the 'gap' between them, leading me to believe the pipes are still there, just not connected at all. This has caused my engines/pipes to explode as the power has nowhere to go.

Switch pipes are also buggy. Power will flow through when I place them, and correctly stop when I press lever attached to them. However, if I press the lever again, the pipes visually reconnect, but power will not flow through them again, leading me to believe the pipes are visually connected but again not physically so.

This only began happening with the most recent update.

This means I cannot run my machines currently, for if the chunk is reloaded my combustion engines will stop supplying power to water pump and -> kaboom. Already happened, gotta rollback. Pretty major bug.

redstone engine not turning on

Having same issue.

I can't get Redstone Engines to work with any BC pipes. Energy never runs through conductive pipes and the animation never happens. The engine will change colors over time though... Pretty sure Steam Engine does not work either. I've only seen TE engines work.

Never seen phase conductive pipes work either.

Having same issue.

I can't get Redstone Engines to work with any BC pipes. Energy never runs through conductive pipes and the animation never happens. The engine will change colors over time though... Pretty sure Steam Engine does not work either. I've only seen TE engines work.

Never seen phase conductive pipes work either.

Redstone engines no longer can send energy through conductive pipes. It's not a bug, but a design decision.

As for phase pipes, I believe all three are currently not working. There are already bug reports for those however.

that is unfortunate. I felt it was balanced as it has a very low output but requires no maintenance. So there is no way to create a self-sustaining power system with the loss of this and IC2? All engines require continual check-ups/maintenance...

I could think of two possible options: I guess you could use AE to feed coal into engines? and use infinite water to power a steam engine... even then, you will have to continually mine for coal or other resources. If phase pipes worked, you could teleport lava from the nether and use a magma engine? If it doesn't overheat, that could be self sustaining.

How would one go about reverting? I don't see an option for that in the Tekkit launcher options.

Click the little gear under 'Tekkit', click 'Manually Select a Build', select 1.0.5 from the drop down menu, press 'Save'. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

Click the little gear under 'Tekkit', click 'Manually Select a Build', select 1.0.5 from the drop down menu, press 'Save'. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

Thank you. I was only looking at the Launcher options and didn't notice the small gear under the particular mod.