Converting tekkit classic map/world to Tekkit?

cdoublejj

IC2 is industrial craft RP2 is Red power. Railcraft is not in new tekkit and as for why they were removed see this wiki quote

Why were RedPower and IndustrialCraft removed?

Put simply, they aren't updating. The updates are slow enough that modpacks can't keep pace with the most recent Minecraft version, and there's some debate as to whether they're on the verge of stagnating altogether. Further, they place significant demand on server resources, and there are other mods which duplicate most of their functionality. There are currently no plans to reincorporate IC2 or RP2.

so no super fast ground travel, i' gonna guess rail craft wasn't updated in time or something. well, that sure does suck but, i guess that's how it goes. it would have been killer if RC could have stayed in. guess i'll stay with classic.

Yeah, well apparently, a lot of people don't think so. I guess CJ doesn't really like Technic, since FTB didn't have to publicly post permissions.

Always sad when modders ask Obama Kakermix for his birth certificate permissions.

I wonder how hard it would be to add Rail Craft to Tekkit my self or if it's even possible. If the new Tekkit gets RC in future update I would probably totally update to it.

It's possible. He was at least honourable enough to allow people to add the mod themselves.

The only similarity between Railcraft and Steve's carts are they both revolve around minecarts (ish). Steve's carts does not replace Railcraft's functionality in any way and is completely different. It is cool though.

Steve's carts is not useless in the slightest. It is just not at all orientated around rails (So no High speed rails or those whacky elevator Tracks). Steve's carts focuses more on automating processes and improving minecarts. For example you can make automatic farmers and miners or fully player controlled minecarts. Both mods are very cool and have massive functionality but they are very different.