Turtle = Griefing Tool?

WolfCFR

Does anybody have a solution to make Turtle can't Grief Protected area with Plugin 'GriefPrevention'. My log for CoreProtect plugin isn't getting any block log which prevent me from Catching the Griefer!

-Alvin

First of all, don't sign your posts, it's against the rules.

Second, add [ComputerCraft] to the list of people who can't touch protected areas. Turtles use fake players. Denying [ComputerCraft] anything will also deny it to turtles.

I just removed Turtles entirely. I don't like how they operate nor how they can bypass things like WorldGuard regions. The rest of ComputerCraft can stay for functionality programs as well as signage at my server spawn.

I just removed Turtles entirely. I don't like how they operate nor how they can bypass things like WorldGuard regions. The rest of ComputerCraft can stay for functionality programs as well as signage at my server spawn.

You're missing out.

If you're not a great programmer, there's a lot of pre-loaded commands like excavate. It basically turns Mining Turtles into Quarries and even auto-deposits into chests.

Oh I know excavate all too well. I even tried my hand at coding a few others. However, after my first world (one week), I wanted to start anew with everything I had learned thus far. Skipped right over turtles and mined out the 11 diamonds I needed for a Quarry after a few hours in a cave system, and I haven't looked back. It's a great idea, but just not for me.

Also, I can't overlook the WorldGuard protection problem for my server, especially having moderated for a few servers and knowing just how creative griefers can be! ;)

Or just run a whitelist server with sane players. Public servers will always have griefers who can find ways around the protections, the best you can do is minimize it, which I suppose could involve removing turtles. Do you remove all turtles or just the ones that can remove blocks? Some turtles like the crafty turtles can only build.

if your running group manager or something like it just add player computercraft to a rank with same perms as your reg players poof no more greifing with turtles of course i cant confirm that works but if what he said about it acting like a player which makes sense then it makes sense if you add him to a perm group then no more problem

if that fails im sure somewhere there is a plugin specifically made for stuff like this as i can see it being fairly regular problem

Well I had another idea to not completely remove Turtle from my server. I tried using TekkitCustomizer on the Tekkit main server, and It works fine! however, My server started to have dupe glitch issues. Like people relogging and getting duped armours appearing on their oxygen inventory. So I was forced to remove it again. Couldn't find another plugin that is compatible with the new tekkit.