What are you doing this Monday?

CanVox

I would try out the Easy Crafting Table- it's supposed to be an even friendlier Project Table alternative (and is similarly cheap). If people don't like it very much, there's actually a standalone project table mod we'll be adding to Tekkit, and I could add it to Big Dig too.

In the meantime: http://www.technicpack.net/article/view/big-dig-132-is-now-recommended.22

Its my hope the people responsible for Mystcraft get it up and going for 1.5.2 because my mates and I love Big Dig and we equally love Mystcraft! we use it quite alot. We wont be updating this time but lets hope mystcraft comes back when they get it right.

Just curious, what does minecraft 1.5 give people that is worth losing railcraft, ic2, and redpower? Im pretty spoiled on microblocks, i cant see ever playing minecraft without redpower ever again.

I thoguht 1.5 just gave people daylight sensors and horses or something? I guess i figured modpacks like this wold just stay in limbo while waiting to see if all the mod authors updated too. I think that is what FTB did, didnt it? They are staying with 1.4.7?

Just curious, what does minecraft 1.5 give people that is worth losing railcraft, ic2, and redpower? Im pretty spoiled on microblocks, i cant see ever playing minecraft without redpower ever again.

I thoguht 1.5 just gave people daylight sensors and horses or something? I guess i figured modpacks like this wold just stay in limbo while waiting to see if all the mod authors updated too. I think that is what FTB did, didnt it? They are staying with 1.4.7?

I can't be without ic2 at the moment either. But I think they have updated hoppers in 1.5.2 so you can use them as sorters. They also added the Redstone Comparator which I'm not sure what it does I've just seen Dataless822 use it on his YouTube Lets Play series, its amazing to see what he does in Minecraft with NO mods whatsoever.

Having said that, I still can't update at the moment, I like my current factory setup to much and as I was learning, it took so long to do I don't want to start again.

I understand folks who don't want to lose their map, but I really do hope you'll try the game without these mods. We had the same growing pains when we removed IC2 and RP2 from Tekkit and ultimately people realized that they didn't lose a whole lot when those mods got removed. Heck, you guys are losing even less, because Atomic Science provides nuke reactors, and MineFactory provides a mass fab equivalent in 2.6, and the particle collider and Atomic Assembler from Atomic Science provide late-game megaprojects like some IC2 stuff you're missing.

The only thing you're short on at this point are frames.

I understand folks who don't want to lose their map, but I really do hope you'll try the game without these mods. We had the same growing pains when we removed IC2 and RP2 from Tekkit and ultimately people realized that they didn't lose a whole lot when those mods got removed. Heck, you guys are losing even less, because Atomic Science provides nuke reactors, and MineFactory provides a mass fab equivalent in 2.6, and the particle collider and Atomic Assembler from Atomic Science provide late-game megaprojects like some IC2 stuff you're missing.

As mentioned in the other thread, that's all well and good but people new to Minecraft like me, didn't know different so when I discovered the things I could do with the IC2 machines, I built my automation around it. Not knowing what is in Big Dig that I could use to replace the IC2 automation setup is the problem.

I used hoppers to delay resources going into stuff like the macerator and the electric furnace & used upgrades so they burn through the stuff really quick to stop overflow. Also using mainly solar power to power everything (built a nuclear reactor a bit away but never bothered to get it up and running). Not knowing what is in Big Dig in the new version that I could use to replace all this stuff is causing me to stick with 1.2.2

is there a way to run both versions? i play on a private server with friends and we are sticking with the older big dig, but id try the new one in a single player just to see what it is like, is there a way to do this?

You can swap versions by using the cogwheel button under the big dig icon in the launcher. As long as you only run your SSP games in the newer version, I think you should be okay to swap back and forth.

What about timers, tubes, easy-to-use filters, etc? RedPower had some well-developed inventory/item-movement management, and IC2 had some easy-to-use continuous power systems (I would have been happy if they'd stopped at LV Arrays/Advanced Solar Panels, just to provide generator-level power output) so you didn't have to worry about your ME storage system shutting down while you were trying to use it.

What do you use for power that's not really complex? Or does such a thing not exist right now?

Timers are well-handled by MFR's new rednet system and its programmable rednet controller. I miss compact/advanced solars from IC2 as well. That's why I readded it to my server. A new thing to look into would be atomic science, which has fission/fusion reactors for mass power.