What are you doing this Monday?

CanVox

I'll probably be fielding questions and support requests about the new 1.5.2 version of Big Dig, which will be released that morning.

Woah, I kind of assumed BigDig would be stuck in RP2-IC2 limbo forever. I did think that maybe BigDig would fork an update, with dropped support for those two mods, but I figured it would never happen. Can I assume that's what's happening? If so, I can see a lot of people updating blindly and coming here to bitch; definitely can't say I envy your holiday plans.

Woah, I kind of assumed BigDig would be stuck in RP2-IC2 limbo forever. I did think that maybe BigDig would fork an update, with dropped support for those two mods, but I figured it would never happen. Can I assume that's what's happening? If so, I can see a lot of people updating blindly and coming here to bitch; definitely can't say I envy your holiday plans.

Yeah, IC2 and RP2 are just dead now for our packs across the board. To be honest, Mystcraft and Computer Craft have been our big blockers so far. But because people are gonna have to start new maps due to RP2/IC2 anyway, I decided to go ahead without Mystcraft. CC released a couple days ago.

Yeah, IC2 and RP2 are just dead now for our packs across the board. To be honest, Mystcraft and Computer Craft have been our big blockers so far. But because people are gonna have to start new maps due to RP2/IC2 anyway, I decided to go ahead without Mystcraft. CC released a couple days ago.

If/When Mystcraft gets updated will it be brought back, or is it out for good? And I'm excited about the update, I started playing tekkit mostly because of 1.5; now I can go back to BigDig.

I've just looked at what is in IC2 and yep, EVERYTHING will be dead :( my pumps my advanced machines and electric circuit automation system for my solar panels which I've been doing for ages just to get a solar helmet for the jetpack :( Batboxes!!! everything in the factory will be gone :(

Think I'll have to skip it and not update till I can see ways round it.

Its kinda sad, since IC2 was always there. And it's such a huge mod with all its addons and such... :/ But, tbh, almost all of its machines have somekind of replacement in TE. Im gonna miss the nuclear reactors though :P As for RP2, thats the wors part, since there is no real replacement for that. Sure there is that rednet thing in MFR, but u cant hide its cables in such a cool way (or is there something I dont know of?) and such. And, I guess, we will never know what uses were planned for that damned tungsten ore XD

Sure there is that rednet thing in MFR, but u cant hide its cables in such a cool way (or is there something I dont know of?)

IIRC, Immibis's Microblocks work with RedNet cables (and can be made out of any opaque block instead of just RedPower and Vanilla ones).

Well, if it's public I'll see if I can hop in with a few friends and have some fun for a while if I'm not doing anything. I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow, though, because you can't honestly expect me to plan a whole 24 hours in advance, can you?