Railcraft and Big Dig.

DominicW

Oh thanks for the info and any reason to why?

Probably because he wants to just have it in FTB or that he doesn't want any Technic packs to distribute it anymore.

Plus, he's an ass.

This is all just speculation, of course.

Probably because he wants to just have it in FTB or that he doesn't want any Technic packs to distribute it anymore.

Plus, he's an ass.

This is all just speculation, of course.

What has a suitable replacement for Railcraft's Iron/steel tanks.

Maybe i'm going crazy but sometimes when I use my linking books or log into my server and load my world I get a wav file or something that plays and it sounds like "Covert Jaguar" who makes railcraft. Not sure but its spooky and repeatable. Anyone else getting this? I know he is super good at hiding stuff like that in code and also does forge stuff. But I am not sure if its because I also have FTB launcher installed on this computer or because I subscribe to him on youtube. Either way it's creeping me out lol.

Maybe i'm going crazy but sometimes when I use my linking books or log into my server and load my world I get a wav file or something that plays and it sounds like "Covert Jaguar" who makes railcraft. Not sure but its spooky and repeatable. Anyone else getting this? I know he is super good at hiding stuff like that in code and also does forge stuff. But I am not sure if its because I also have FTB launcher installed on this computer or because I subscribe to him on youtube. Either way it's creeping me out lol.

Yeah! I am, its when you create a dynamic tank(Mekanism) successfully. For some reason when you load back it replays as if your creating the tank again, it really needs to be removed it was funny once. But not anymore.

Yeah! I am, its when you create a dynamic tank successfully. For some reason when you load back it replays as if your creating the tank again, it really needs to be removed it was funny once. But not anymore.

Ok so I am not crazy but it repeats everytime when I use my linking books from my quarry area to the nether to my base. At least its just not me lol. I never thought about it but it did just start happening after I made two dynamic tanks for my MFR farm. Makes sense.

Whats about "Steve's Carts"? Its not a complete replacement for railcraft, but it improves the carts to a level that they become really usefull.

It wasn't the carts that I liked but the boilers and steam engines.

From how I understand it, railcraft added a requirement that any pack with railcraft must publicly display all permissions for any mods included in the pack. Since technic doesn't bother to have a list of written permissions for each mod displayable, railcraft is out. I think if you go to the railcraft thread on the minecraft forums you can see the posted requirements.

From how I understand it, railcraft added a requirement that any pack with railcraft must publicly display all permissions for any mods included in the pack. Since technic doesn't bother to have a list of written permissions for each mod displayable, railcraft is out. I think if you go to the railcraft thread on the minecraft forums you can see the posted requirements.

Does FTB even have a list anywhere?

Also Railcraft added a new feature that NO ONE will actually use and just breaks any multiblock structures you try to make.

Which is...?

Heat trails. They don't actually DO anything yet but he added them in anyway and they break multiblock structures.

For an example, you're making a dynamic tank, however, at one point you walked over the block that needs to be air for it to work. Congrats, you need to move the tank because that block no longer counts as air. Walked in the frame of a nether portal before lighting it? It can't be lit now. Enjoy moving it.

It's a useless feature that no one would use when it's done and he didn't even do enough testing to make sure it doesn't break things in vanilla, let alone other mods. Then he says it's THEIR problem to fix and not his problem. The problem being his mod. That is his responsibility. Except in this case where the jackass thinks it isn't.

Yeah, the heat trail thing is funny. As far as the covert jaguar whispers, it's a little easter egg that aidancbrady added to mekanism as a joke, which is now disabled for new Big Dig installed and will be removed for good in 1.3.10

Yeah, the heat trail thing is funny.0

Don't funny things usually have a punch line other then utter incompetence in both taking responsibility for ones fuck ups and in testing a new(useless) thing before adding it?

I mean it breaks nether portals, dynamic tanks, other multiblock structures, and pistons.

It's clear he didn't test crap.