Escaping RP2 Dependency

gfb

Hi. My name is gfb and I am an RP2aholic. Prior to it's removal from BigDig I used RP2 to automate a hell of a lot of small tasks. I'm certain this will not be the last question I have, but to start with: is there any Wireless Redstone equivalent in the new pack?

Yeah I'm not so much worried about logic gates and redstone signal wires and such. I know MFR has me covered there, but is there an equivalent for wireless redstone senders and receivers? I've poked around as best as I know how and not found anything. MFR seems to be sadly lacking in the Wiki department.

Hi, gfb, wireless redstone is actually not a part of redpower, although WR:CBE has a lot of redpower support, and doesn't appear to be updating until redpower does (unfortunately). That said, when chicken bones updates WR, it'll be in big dig.

Ah gotcha. I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that Wireless was part of RP2. I look forward to its return to Big Dig. Wireless redstone signals is such a simple thing (seemingly), but man do I ever use it all over the place. It's amazing how much can be done to manage remote bases with just a signal or three between locations.

Ah gotcha. I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that Wireless was part of RP2. I look forward to its return to Big Dig. Wireless redstone signals is such a simple thing (seemingly), but man do I ever use it all over the place. It's amazing how much can be done to manage remote bases with just a signal or three between locations.

Use turtles. A bit harder to setup than wireless redstone, but still works

Alright guys. I'm looking at putting together a pumpkin, melon, and wheat farm to supply seeds for a bioreactor to make biofuel. Problem: how to get those items inserted evenly in the reactor (1pumpkin, 1melon, and 1 wheat seed)? Normally I would do this with an RP2 sorting machine, and to the best of my knowledge I cannot do this with either AE or Logistics Pipes.

ME Interface w/Pattern (x pumpkin, x melon, x wheat -> token), request token, wait for completion, cancel request.

Edit: Feeding a MFR Bioreactor: 9 DSUs, 9 Storage Buses, 9 Level Emitters (>Reserve), Rednet Cable, PRC (and), Rednet Cable, 9 Redstone Engines, 9 Wood Item Pipes, Item Pipes, Iron Pipes to control flow.

Just wanted to provide an update and let folks know I found most of a solution to this issue. Turns out the current MFR Bio Reactor prevents pipes from inserting more than one stack of seeds into it's 3x3 input grid. That means that it also prevents export buses from AE from doing so, which means that it's fairly straightforward to insert a diverse set of seeds to a Bio Reactor from AE using a precision export bus.

This does not *guarantee* diversity. If, for example, all you have in your AE system at the moment is pumpkin seeds it will only insert pumpkin seeds and will not wait for melon or wheat to become available, but it seems to be good enough and a well designed farm should take care of the rest, I think.