I Don't Know What I'm Doing

Emmalb

I'm completely lost with all these mods. I don't even know where to start. I briefly played the old Tekkit when it had IC2, which I got familiarized myself with, but now I have no idea where to power my machines. I don't even know how to use the "Planter" I built. Some ideas and suggestions would be nice.

Didja scroll to the bottom of that page and read the guide for how to do things in the new Tekkit that were previously accomplished in IC2/RP2?

Dash, I'm actually not sure what guide you're talking about... I feel like I've seen one, but couldn't find one now that I went looking. Am I just being completely blind?

I found much of the first 6 minutes of this video very helpful. I also discovered that a quarry took WAY more power than I realized, which might have some bearing on your problem. And lastly, be sure you have a good place to store items, because when it gets up to speed they just keep pouring in.

Then a specific question would be, how do I get my quarry up and running? I've tried putting engines next to it, and no dice. What items do I need to start it up?

What kind of engine? Redstone engines have minimal power, they really only work to power Buildcraft tubes. Stirling engines are better, make sure they have fuel and a redstone signal to turn them on.

watch that video I linked to above -- after he uses his quarry, he sets up a planter/harvester combo along with bioreactors to generate loads of energy... and he at least sort of deals with the planter.

In brief, you hook it up to power and it will plant a 3x3 dirt area above it with whatever is in its inventory. In conjunction with a harvester, the harvester will grab mature crops and if you use pipe you can pipe seeds/saplings right back into the planter for replanting. Maybe take a look at: http://tekkitlite.wikia.com/wiki/Planter and read up on how MineFactory Reloaded upgrades work.

In fact, I think I need to add some similar pics to the new Tekkit wiki along those lines...