[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

This looks like a great mod, but I'm having problems getting it set up. Perhaps you could add some installation instructions?

To build a little on jajks answer (love those answers BTW. No bullshit. Straight to the point lol):

Get Forge Installer (version .916 works for me with MC1.6.4): http://files.minecraftforge.net/

Install Forge. Run MC. Stop MC.

Now put RiM in the %appdata%/.minecraft/mods/ folder (If on Windows, that is)

Run MC. Enjoy.

If you need more help than this use google. Tons of tutorials out there.

Regarding 1.7, I would appreciate it if any of you (if you try 1.7 out at all, that is) to keep me apprised of any gameplay elements that might affect my mod or how people use it, since I don't actually play Minecraft right now. I'm not sure that there really will be anything that affects things, since the majority of the changes seem to be with either worldgen or backend/engine, but you never know.

As to when the update will come, well...even CPW says a month before Forge is even stable, and CPW is the one who's mortally-offended that people even use old versions and wishes all of us modders would refuse to support old versions at all. So, the answer is "a long damn time". But if Lex finds his way into the Zone, it could come sooner.

Beyond the new internal naming convention, I haven't seen anything game-breaking yet in the patch notes.

Yeah, I'm not worried about internal changes: My mod is super-simple, and the most difficult part of it is actually just a copy/paste with some editing of a Minecraft function anyway. I just mean gameplay things. I guess it'll be fine, then.

As far as gameplay goes, there are many good and much needed changes, but nothing revolutionary that will affect frames in any way.

Why not? It's fun!

I'm back in that zone where I can't bear to download/install practically any big fun mod because I feel like it's smeared with all the diarrhea spewed out by its creator. It just sucks all the fun out of the game when that fun is put in place by someone who's known to be an asshole.

Fortunately, I really don't even need to play the game to be able to mod it, and if I stick to just MCP/Forge, I don't feel that taint spreading over me like a fungus, so it stays fun and exciting. (Even if from your viewpoint I update infrequently, from my viewpoint I dick around with it a little bit pretty much every day and have a good time. And I haven't gotten to the point yet that people are yelling at me for being slow, so hey, guess I'm doing alright.)

Well, I meant Minecraft in general. There's more to it than just mods....

More than 1 release per Minecraft version? You are a speed demon! Keep doing what you do! :D

Eh. I've played out vanilla a long time ago. (In fact, I was about to put the game down and not touch it again, when the Yogscast started putting out Technic videos and I went "oh, you can mod it? This is interesting".) Multiplayer is so laggy even on good servers with 3 people online that I can't bear to try it. None of the minigames like queef or whatever the hell it's called are actually fun to me. Adventure maps are usually just a bunch of poorly-spelled signs or books with a bunch of jumping puzzles.

Heavily-modded Minecraft is what I like, and I have at times played it for 200+ hours in a single month. I just can't really get myself to do it right now. It's much more fun to fuck around with Java and Bash scripts. I've made myself a Bash script that works like the C preprocessor, except in Java, so I've got all kinds of nice things for myself now like build-value substitution, file inclusion, conditional compilation, and many shortcut commands. Like this:

/*` #collection Carriage , CarriageEngine , Spectre `*/

becomes this:

public Carriage Carriage ;

public CarriageEngine CarriageEngine ;

public Spectre Spectre ;

public static void Initialize ( )

{

Carriage = new Carriage ( ) ;

CarriageEngine = new CarriageEngine ( ) ;

Spectre = new Spectre ( ) ;

}

and this:

public class Whatever

{

public int Ordinal ;

/*` #provide Ordinal as int for IIndexer with getOrdinal `*/

}

becomes this:

public class Whatever implements IIndexer

{

public int Ordinal ;

@Override

public int getOrdinal ( )

{

return ( Ordinal ) ;

}

}

and this:

/*` #errormode log `*/

{

return ( ( int ) Class . forName ( "foo.bar.Baz" ) . getDeclaredField ( "quux" ) . get ( BazInstance ) ) ;

}

becomes this:

try

{

return ( ( int ) Class . forName ( "foo.bar.Baz" ) . getDeclaredField ( "quux" ) . get ( BazInstance ) ) ;

}

catch ( Throwable Throwable )

{

Throwable . printStackTrace ( ) ;

}

It's really quite neat.

Woah. I have no clue, this is the extent of my java knowledge:

System.out.println("Hello, World!");

Someday I'll know what the heck you're talking about. Someday.

As for the mods, I agree its really disappointing how many idiots are running around.

Adventure maps are usually just a bunch of poorly-spelled signs or books with a bunch of jumping puzzles.

I'll keep that in mind when explaining plot and working on proper puzzles (your not the only one who lost interest in vanilla puzzles, which is saying something because I still enjoy platformers...)

I'm experiencing an issue with Energy Tesseracts in MC 1.5.2 using the latest version of RIM when they're moved with your mod. They get moved correctly and they still work as intended but "ghost" versions are left behind. Something still thinks each of the "ghost" tesseracts still exist at each location the moved tesseract visits. Every other sending tesseract in the game thinks each of the "ghost" tesseracts are their and try to send energy to them. They obviously don't exist so it doesn't send energy but the game still spends a considerable amount of time trying to send energy.

Restarting the game (server) fixes all "ghost" tesseract issues.

"ghost" being they exist according to the tesseract logic but the physical block does not. Other blocks can be placed in the location the "ghost" ones exist without any issues.

No errors are generated in any logs at any point.

The issue can be replicated as follows (Thermal expansion, chicken chunks chunkloaders and RIM need to be installed for this example):

1. Put 1 energy tesseract on send-only next to some infinite power source

2. In a different area (500 blocks +): put 1 energy tesseract on receive-only on a frame somewhere else

3. Move that tesseract several chunks in one direction

4. Move away from the frame-moved tesseract

5. Open the /chunkloaders viewer to see that the chunks the frame machine moved the tesseract through are being force loaded due to the "ghost" tesseracts

6. Disable the send-only tesseract and watch the previously force loaded chunks unload. Re-enable to see them load up again

7. Restart the game to see everything goes back to a normal working state

For the record, the way Jakj described his frame behavior is that what's not happening with active tesseracts is maintaining active locations. This is primarily on Lemmy's and Co side, because it's easier running code server-side through a simple list with "active" coordinates on it than to tie it to a block, due to the reasoning that a tesseract won't be moving around while active. Jakj actually copies the block and all data associated with that specific, deletes the original and replaces it with an entity copy, moves, then deletes that and puts the copy down in its new position. (Which is why ComputerCraft computers reboot everytime it's moved that way.)

It's complicated, I know, but it's a lot easier putting a battery down on a frame instead.

I have a computercraft turtle with the wrench upgrade move the energy tesseract instead of the frames.

The tesseract has the shiny dust upgrade so it saves its settings when picked up by the wrench turtle.

Sounds like the tesseract is not properly deconstructing/reconstructing itself on invalidate()/validate(). I'll call that a flaw in the other mod for now.

Hi,

awesome Mod, but i have a small Problem, everytime I try to move buildcraft pipes, I get the following Error:

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreEntity.Release(MotiveSpectreEntity.java:243)

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at JAKJ.RedstoneInMotion.MotiveSpectreEntity.func_70316_g(MotiveSpectreEntity.java:69)

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2202)

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:546)

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:654)

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:275)

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:573)

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:470)

2013-10-28 16:21:18 [iNFO] [sTDERR]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

ForgeModLoader-server.log: http://pastebin.com/nBAk2iwW

ScreenShot: http://imgur.com/wpTH4vh

Its basically a 64 block mining well quarry with a computer, enderchests, buildcraft pipes, mfr rednet cable and tesseracts/energy conduits. the error disappears after removing the pipes, tesseracts and conduits don't seem to affect it.

Yeah, buildcraft has probably changed quite a bit since I put in that initial hack. You can go into your config file to turn off the buildcraft workaround, which will stop the log spam. Buildcraft pipes still work fine with being moved, but without the workaround (which those errors show isn't working for you anyway), they need a second after motion to really reinitialize and get going again because of the wonky-assed way they're programmed.