A couple questions for my Private modpack

dwwojcik

1. IC2.

I want to add IC2 to my pack because I'd like to make the transition from 1.2.5/1.4.7 to 1.5.2 as easy as possible for the peeps I play with. I'm the only one who stays up to date.

I'm not a noob, I'm aware that there hasn't been a public release for 1.5, but I have been following Direwold20's Server play series season 5 and have heard him chatting with player about IC2 development. What I'm wondering is if there is a dev version that people are using. Addons are not an issue, I'm not planning on adding any.

2. Treecapacitator.

I've added Forestry and Biomes 'O Plenty to my pack, and plan on adding Natura. Between those 3, that's a lot of trees. I tried updating the Treecapacitator configs to 1.5, but.... it didn't work. Can someone point me in the right direction on where to find 1.5 configs?

Thanks.

Why do you want IC2?

Everything that it did is replaced by other mods with much better equivalents. Even mass fabricators are replaced now with the laser drill.

Yes, I know. Like I said I keep up to date, but my cousin for example does not. I prefer Thermal expansion, but he still plays Tekkit Classic. Besides, while the IC2 project is definitely dying and really has no future, I kind like it.

<[withheld]> Where is the Quantum armor?

<dwwojcik> Umm.... IC2 isn't even in the pack. No public release since 1.4.....

<dwwojcik> We use Thermal Expansion now. Where have you been?

<[withheld]> Oh boy.

Yes, I know. Like I said I keep up to date, but my cousin for example does not. I prefer Thermal expansion, but he still plays Tekkit Classic. Besides, while the IC2 project is definitely dying and really has no future, I kind like it.

<[withheld]> Where is the Quantum armor?

<dwwojcik> Umm.... IC2 isn't even in the pack. No public release since 1.4.....

<dwwojcik> We use Thermal Expansion now. Where have you been?

<[withheld]> Oh boy.

I was sad to see it leave too, but I would rather ditch it while you can before you get stuck with worlds you can't update when the project dies. Convince your cousin to buy a cheap microphone and walk him through the new mods. Have some fun with it.

As for Treecapitator, do you have all custom axe ids bound you'll.

I was sad to see it leave too, but I would rather ditch it while you can before you get stuck with worlds you can't update when the project dies. Convince your cousin to buy a cheap microphone and walk him through the new mods. Have some fun with it.

As for Treecapitator, do you have all custom axe ids bound you'll.

Well, I suppose that's a good point about IC2. I guess I'll just have to hope for IC3 XD

I tried to add the custom axes, but it just plain didn't work. For example I added the Railcraft Steel axe to the config, loaded up creative mode, hit the bottom log of a vanilla tree- nuthin. I must be doing it wrong.

Does treecap work when you're in creative mode? You might try while in survival mode just to make sure.

Yep, it works, because when I hit a vanilla tree with a vanilla log it exploded like its supposed to.

I already decided against adding IC2 after all, although Direwolf20 has been using IC2 with no problems apparently. I suspect that the issues you are referring to have already been fixed in a newer version.