Hexxit problems? Maybe fixed in the future.

Coltin677

Copper seems to be incredibly rare for me; I've been mining for an hour and I only have one piece! Is there a specific level I should be mining at? From reading all this about no ore height restrictions it seems like there shouldn't be but I haven't been able to find any copper anywhere.

Copper seems to be incredibly rare for me; I've been mining for an hour and I only have one piece! Is there a specific level I should be mining at? From reading all this about no ore height restrictions it seems like there shouldn't be but I haven't been able to find any copper anywhere.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post; when I tried to post the first one it gave an error so I tried again but I guess they both went through fine. :/

Hi, the ore height restrictions were lifted for vanilla ores- TConstruct ores are still at their usual heights. I could lift them too, I guess my thought was that since TConstruct stuff is supposed to last forever that a few deep dives to get TConstruct stuff might be a fun way to break up your surface expeditions. There are a FEW deep worldgens to contend with, just not as many as on the surface. Let me know what you think.

Hi, the ore height restrictions were lifted for vanilla ores- TConstruct ores are still at their usual heights. I could lift them too, I guess my thought was that since TConstruct stuff is supposed to last forever that a few deep dives to get TConstruct stuff might be a fun way to break up your surface expeditions. There are a FEW deep worldgens to contend with, just not as many as on the surface. Let me know what you think.

I feel like that was the right thing to do. As you said, it is a fun way to break up your surface expeditions. ^^

But where does copper normally spawn? I'm mining at 12 where I normally would for vanilla because everything can be found at that height but it doesn't seem to be doing it.

And one more thing, when I use the smeltery, the metal inside only works once. Ex: I put in 3 coppers I had to cheat in and one aluminum and drain the aluminum brass out. It cools into a blank cast and there is more aluminum brass in the smeltery. I try draining again but this time the liquid just stays there rather than cool forcing me to break the casting table and the smeltery controller. Is there a fix for this?

But where does copper normally spawn? I'm mining at 12 where I normally would for vanilla because everything can be found at that height but it doesn't seem to be doing it.

And one more thing, when I use the smeltery, the metal inside only works once. Ex: I put in 3 coppers I had to cheat in and one aluminum and drain the aluminum brass out. It cools into a blank cast and there is more aluminum brass in the smeltery. I try draining again but this time the liquid just stays there rather than cool forcing me to break the casting table and the smeltery controller. Is there a fix for this?

if there isnt enough left in the smeltery, it wont pour, but if yo u mean it wont cool in the casting table, you may have to wait a little bit. i havent tested alot with aluminum brass though. and also, if the cooled stuff is still in the cast, it wont pour. hope this helped! :D

Just a tip, don't bother too much with copper unless you want to build with it. Gold works perfectly well for casts, and copper doesn't make anything powerful enough to warrant wasting time and materials on building.

Look through the books Tinkers Construct spawns for you, and you'll find the alloy recipes for stronger things.

How do i change how high the ores spawn like diamonds and redstone, to me it's just too easy to get the diamonds when you can see them in a small cave the second i spawn

I prefer having to risk my life getting them so i feel like i earned them :P

I just wanna know how to revert it back to normal

EDIT: if there is any special reason the ores spawn like that could someone please explain it to me? I dont even really know what all the mods do in hexxit, i just find things see what they do and use them :P

• 3 months later...

Awsum *high five* Thanx :D

One last question, how do you install Optifine? Deleting the Meta-Inf folder and dropping the Optifine files inside the Minecraft.jar doesn't work... :x

you put the optifine files into the modpack folder and that is all you do