Hexxit problems? Maybe fixed in the future.

Coltin677

Another problem, the ore spawn configs are screwed up. Don't know in what map they are. But I'm finding redstone and lapiz at 60-70 height in a XtraBiomes XL biome...

• Forum Administrators

Another problem, the ore spawn configs are screwed up. Don't know in what map they are. But I'm finding redstone and lapiz at 60-70 height in a XtraBiomes XL biome...

This is intentional.

Play Big Dig if u want diamonds on the surface.

Yes there are. I built my first house about 20 blocks below a deposit of diamonds on a high cliff

And now, I guess, you can play Hexxit if you want diamonds on the surface!

EDIT: I acknowledge that your posts were at, roughly, the same time.

Still, too good to pass up.

Hm, weird, every time I want to start up Hexxit with my texture pack (sphax, I added lots of extra textures, like Tinkering, Extrabiomes etc), I get a gray screen.

But when I delete the textures, start up, and put the textures back in again, everything works fine...

Hm, weird, every time I want to start up Hexxit with my texture pack (sphax, I added lots of extra textures, like Tinkering, Extrabiomes etc), I get a gray screen.

But when I delete the textures, start up, and put the textures back in again, everything works fine...

It sounds like your HD pack is pushing you over the edge in terms of memory. You can increase your memory allocation from the cogwheel in the upper right hand corner of the launcher.

It sounds like your HD pack is pushing you over the edge in terms of memory. You can increase your memory allocation from the cogwheel in the upper right hand corner of the launcher.

Awsum *high five* Thanx :D

One last question, how do you install Optifine? Deleting the Meta-Inf folder and dropping the Optifine files inside the Minecraft.jar doesn't work... :x

Awsum *high five* Thanx :D

One last question, how do you install Optifine? Deleting the Meta-Inf folder and dropping the Optifine files inside the Minecraft.jar doesn't work... :x

We don't support optifine, but I'd install it into Modpack.jar instead of Minecraft.jar. And don't remove META-INF from modpack.jar.

Hey guys, I am having basically no problems now. But I do have one question, with the smelting set up, with all the lava tanks, etc. Do you absolutely need to do this? It seems like a lot of work but I won't rage because I have to, just want to know. :)

Hey guys, I am having basically no problems now. But I do have one question, with the smelting set up, with all the lava tanks, etc. Do you absolutely need to do this? It seems like a lot of work but I won't rage because I have to, just want to know. :)

If you want access to the high tier alloys, yes.

Don't worry. It's not as intimidating as it looks.

And this will hopefully be the last question, and people may have answered it before but, I just got 3 copper. I smelted it all, and used the layout for a regular sword for it, and it wont show up! With TooManyItems it doesn't even have the recipe for it, it just shows, "Shapeless Crafting."

And this will hopefully be the last question, and people may have answered it before but, I just got 3 copper. I smelted it all, and used the layout for a regular sword for it, and it wont show up! With TooManyItems it doesn't even have the recipe for it, it just shows, "Shapeless Crafting."

I don't think there is a copper sword. The only use I can think of off the top of my head is as an alloy component. And the alloy that it's a component for is only used for casts.

Don't worry too much about it, Iron is plentiful enough for tinkered iron equipment to take you really far.

And your next likely question, i'll answer that as well.

When you get to the nether, and can't mine those ores, look through your books and make the Alumite alloy. 5 aluminum, 2 iron, 2 obsidian.

Don't bother tinkering that pick though, because you're going to replace it after about 10 minutes with an alloy of those two ores.

What is the setup of a smelter? I cant even set it up! I tried to copy the one in the book it just isn't working.

First level, 3x3 square of seared brick (put this sunk into the ground for ease of use)

Second level, placing all blocks so that they are outside the bounds of the initial 3x3, place a Smeltery Controller, at least one Smeltery Drain, and at least one Lava Tank. The rest can all be more seared brick.

At this point, the smeltery controller should start working, and you can start liquifying things.

To pour the melted metals, you need to put a Faucet on the Smeltery Drain, and a Casting Table directly beneath the faucet.