The illogical wall

Shadow278

I have been playing hexxit and im on a server. Short story there is a wall that never ends, about 10 blocks wide made out of stone bricks. about 50+ blocks high and no not a world border.

its along the ocean.

Sounds like a castle tried to gen in the water, and then the wgen crashed. Was the solid wall accompanied by the client crashing? Do you have any crash reports/stack traces?

Sounds like a castle tried to gen in the water, and then the wgen crashed. Was the solid wall accompanied by the client crashing? Do you have any crash reports/stack traces?

No error ports, dungeons was disabled but its back up. Nobody should of explored that far in the ocean but it just goes on forever

No error ports, dungeons was disabled but its back up. Nobody should of explored that far in the ocean but it just goes on forever

did you check through the log files for stack traces? server might not actually crash but may have spit out an error during that time.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late add to this post, But I have come across what looks to be the same thing, a Very large (solid) stone brick wall 16 blocks wide and at Y level 122 (along the walkway) and has been going on for 9,000 blocks (along the x co-ordinate) with no visible end.

Can anyone shed some light on this peculiarity?

(note this is on a public server, and I found it about 9,000-11,000 blocks from spawn

Sorry for the late add to this post, But I have come across what looks to be the same thing, a Very large (solid) stone brick wall 16 blocks wide and at Y level 122 (along the walkway) and has been going on for 9,000 blocks (along the x co-ordinate) with no visible end.

Can anyone shed some light on this peculiarity?

(note this is on a public server, and I found it about 9,000-11,000 blocks from spawn

I don't know, maybe glitch>?

I just ran into a huge line of gravel poking out from the surface, about 2 blocks wide and infinitely long, yet not tall at all.

Strange, maybe something with world generation?

Is this -your- server we're talking about? Maybe someone voxelsniped/mceditted it in?

It's a legitimate Better Dungeon generation that can occur and is intended intentionally by Chocolatin; it'll appear in the Twilight Forest, Nether, and Overworld. Haven't seen it in the End yet, or Limbo, but all dungeons that spawn within 50 chunks of it have the mobs replaced with Enderman variants of what the mob would've been. This is the only way to find armored Enderman and Enderman with flintlocks, staves, etc. You can spawn a variation of them in, but they're invisible by default unless you spawn in an infernal one, like with what I did here. 240B8z6.jpg

It's a legitimate Better Dungeon generation that can occur and is intended intentionally by Chocolatin; *snip* .

Thank you mega props ^,

Yes there are endermen dungeons spawning along the walls although they seem to act different to vanilla endermen as they dont teleport when rained on or touch water and will teleport away when attacked even if you only look at their 'feet' when attacking which is an effective tactic when fighting normal endermen to stop them teleporting away.

Thank you mega props ^,

Yes there are endermen dungeons spawning along the walls although they seem to act different to vanilla endermen as they dont teleport when rained on or touch water and will teleport away when attacked even if you only look at their 'feet' when attacking which is an effective tactic when fighting normal endermen to stop them teleporting away.

Yeah they're 0.5 taller then vanilla Enderman and with different animation / limbs. The armored ones are more difficult especially if they spawn with diamond swords, and diamond armor. Rapiers easily take them out, but yeah. A few also spawn with heal staves and the such, so you need to watch out for that. Also thank you. There isn't a lot of information on the wiki about this stuff but I suppose it's up to the common player to disclose this stuff to the uninformed.

fUFtiSj.jpghi..we have just come across the same giant wall set out about 8000 blocks from spawn..

after a little google it seems its part of better dungeons

once reached our server could not keep up with the generation from wall..extra biomes spawns in it and just ends up being a giant wall of mess with bricks...

i have had to put a world border up around (7500) to stop people going to it..me personally am trying to find out the point of it but as of yet can not find the answer...

Its a game breaker for me..

CxYeo5R.jpg

fUFtiSj.jpghi..we have just come across the same giant wall set out about 8000 blocks from spawn..

after a little google it seems its part of better dungeons

once reached our server could not keep up with the generation from wall..extra biomes spawns in it and just ends up being a giant wall of mess with bricks...

i have had to put a world border up around (7500) to stop people going to it..me personally am trying to find out the point of it but as of yet can not find the answer...

Its a game breaker for me..

CxYeo5R.jpg

It shouldn't restrict gameplay, just look at some of the replies above. Anyways you can take down that work border or put it at 8k for your convenience.

• 4 months later...