Quarry working oddly

DoctorFedora

I haven't played Tekkit since the last big update, and the wiki isn't helping much - I have a quarry set up and 2 steam (not stirling) engines connected to it via a single block of Redstone energy conduit. It works very slowly, so I thought I should hit the conduit with the wrench, maybe I had it backwards. All 3 sockets on the pipe changed to orange, and the quarry stopped working altogether. I changed it back to blue, and the quarry suddenly sped up and spat out about 18 blocks. However, it would not do so after an equivalent amount of time with the sockets at blue, and it spat out 1 block maybe every 10-15 seconds. Below is the setup I had with this, minus the few conduits under the quarry/engines - I added those later and they don't seem to do anything.

3rgGl.png

What seems to be the cause of this? The engines are constantly fed and watered adequately.

third one of these in 2 days, If you are gonna use conduit you need at least two sections, one for input into the power network and one for output from the power network. Like seriously did you not see the responses in your other thread? to this exact same issue?

same problem as last post, but... Quarry runs different. Hmmm, something looks odd there though. I don't see anything supplying the engines with the resources needed, only energy conduits? Are you filling them manually?

When you change the output on a single segment, conduit, it changes all the connections to that segment. Only exception is if it is connected to another conduit. Using this, you could have 1 input from another conduit and up to 5 outputs on just 1 segment, technically. Same goes for input.

Also note. Even if the conduit is set for output, it will still accept a little input. 5% is what I have heard. So it will still let the machine run, only slowly and rather inefficiently.

Another note: the redstone energy conduit acts like a battery. It has its own internal energy storage. Each segment has its own storage so a length of conduits will soak up a bit of power, when nothing is hooked up to them, and release that power into the device when it is hooked up again. Kind of like a power boost. It is even possible to use a large cluster of conduits as a makeshift battery, albeit not a very cost effective or space saving one.

Also note. Even if the conduit is set for output, it will still accept a little input. 5% is what I have heard. So it will still let the machine run, only slowly and rather inefficiently.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. No idea why that is.