Noob needs help with cobblestone overflow

SurKeN

Hi im a beginner in tekkit and i just built a quarry, the problem is my chests are filling up like crazy with cobblestone(up to 5 chests full atm) and i just dont know what to use it for. If this goes on for much longer i will need to dump it out. Is there any good use for the cobblestone?(except for buildblock)

thanks in advance :)

SurKeN

• Discord Moderator

You can do a lot with cobble. It can be pulverized to make sand, cooked to make stone and then crafted into a multitude of different bricks. What you might want to do is to put the cobble into a Deep Storage Unit (DSU). It holds up to 2 billion of 1 type of item and you can break/move it without it losing its contents.

There isn't a reason to hold on ALL the cobblestone you get. Sure, keeping a decent amounts in chests/AE/DSU is nice, but if you need some for a project later on you can just pop a few igneous extruders.

I'd go for the void pipe option. Much easier and lest costly if you just got your first quarry going, just place a diamond pipe + void pipe at the output of your quarry. It can also be used to destroy more items (dirt/sand/gravel) at the same time.

I have a small sorting system with diamond pipe, i send cobblestone and dirt to 1 chest and ingots to a oven(automated) and the rest to another chest, so i could easy make it work with a DSU, just need to plug it in. I thought it was a good idea to save it in case i need to use it for a factory etc later.