[Stuck] Making Energy Cells via Applied Energistics.

I am able to create empty energy cell frames automatically without incident. What I want to do is inject 40 restone into a magma crucible and the completed empty energy cell frame into a liquid tesseract. However, I am unable to make this work. I have two ME Interfaces above each machine but do not know what the respective patterns should be in each ME Interface. Any thoughts?

Since this is a lively discussion I'll go ahead and throw in another question: If you want to pulverize coal dust faster using a pulverizer, how can you do that? I tried two interfaces over two pulverizers but the orders only get sent to one machine and do not divide it between the two.

this has to do with having multiple molecular assembly chambers. remember? one chamber can only do ONE thing at a time. atm I dont really have time to link the topic I replied in but it was one of yours :-) good luck

as for the tesseract you may need to use a liquicrafter. cant remember what the pattern would be but....

My memory is so bad I forget that I asked part of the question before. Though I haven't been able to find that older thread. So two molecular assembly chambers? One to feed redstone into a magma crucible and another to send in an empty energy cell into the liquid transposer? Would that require two commands at two terminals?

As far as the liqui-crafter is concerned, I did not know that existed! Going to play with that now in creative haha!

So after reading your thread, I've gotten curious about if this was actually possible. I've managed to figure out at least two ways to make a full energy cell frame, after a few hours of research.

I've gotten the idea from BevoLJ's tutorials. The tutorials are advertised on the applied energistics thread on minecraft forum: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1625015-152-applied-energistics-rv-11-c-stacking-the-unstackable/. It is the third tutorial and about the 31:00 min mark.

The method is to use a ME interface and a ME encoded assembler pattern with all of the materials needed. So in your case, a pattern containing 40 redstone dust and an empty energy cell frame in the crafting grid, and a full energy cell frame in the output. Put that encoded assembler pattern into a ME interface and place a buildcraft transport pipe or an equivalent next to that interface. The interface will throw out the ingredients into the pipe. Then use some kind of sorting device, like a diamond transport pipe, to separate the ingredients into the magma crucible and the liquid transposer. Place either another ME interface, ME importer, or an equivalent to the liquid transposer and you should then get your full energy cell frame.

Another method is to use a ME exporter to constantly export redstone into the magma crucible. With this method, you only need to make an encoded assembler pattern with an empty energy cell frame as the input ingredient and a full energy cell frame as the output. You would then place that encoded assembler pattern into a ME interface, and that ME interface next to a liquid transposer. And the rest you should be able to figure out.

I do not know which method is a more efficient use of resources to create. Your problem was that you assumed that your applied energistics / ME network could read two assembler patterns at once. Applied energistics chooses only one assembler pattern route, so to speak, and sticks with it. In the end, you don't need more than one molecular assembly chamber, and these methods will work similar for the other things you are asking for.

My memory is so bad I forget that I asked part of the question before. Though I haven't been able to find that older thread. So two molecular assembly chambers? One to feed redstone into a magma crucible and another to send in an empty energy cell into the liquid transposer? Would that require two commands at two terminals?

As far as the liqui-crafter is concerned, I did not know that existed! Going to play with that now in creative haha!

two terminals no, but multiple create orders from the one terminal yes using two MACs, however, red5thedragons answer is much more efficient :)

although i must disagree with you on one point on the basis that ive actually tested it out

Your problem was that you assumed that your applied energistics / ME network could read two assembler patterns at once. Applied energistics chooses only one assembler pattern route, so to speak, and sticks with it.

please see the following link as it contains information about my findings

How do you/can you use multiple ME interfaces for the same action?

edit: my bad lol blsmith it was for Catfish regarding MACs

please see the following link as it contains information about my findings

How do you/can you use multiple ME interfaces for the same action?

Doesn't work. You need to give a better explanation of what you did, and the mechanics of how it works.

I did a similar setup as yours, but with pulverizers, hooked the MACs to the same cable, and hooked the cable to the controller. My pulverizers were set up the same way as your furnaces. I had an encoded assembly pattern for each interface.

can you please provide a screen shot?

and what do you mean by a better explanation? I guess the pictures and description weren't clear enough. if you have more than one mac. they share the work. all that I did was set it up as it was in the screen shots. and had a copy of each pattern in each interface. why it isn't working for you I have no idea. I need to see screen shots. also what is happening exactly and have you configured your pulverizers correctlyedit: hmm very interesting. multiple macs doesnt work with pulverizers but works fine with smelters. .. ill look into this

well this sucks. looks like that was changed with an update. it USED TO work. why did they change it? ? grr

however. multiple macs do work for Multiple jobs. if you make two orders of the same thing. its classed as a single order but added up from the two orders. (look at the crafting monitor )

It's easy actually. ME Interface's can export into BC pipes (as red5thedragon stated.)

Make your setup look like this:

An ME Interface at the back, a diamond transport pipe attached, a Magma Crucible directly below the pipe, a liquid transposer next to the magma crucible, and a stone transport pipe connecting the diamond one to the liquid transposer. Also set the top of both machines to Blue so they accept input.

Your pattern for the recipe should look like this:

That is 40 redstone (needed to fill frame) and one empty frame will produce a filled frame. Encode that b*tch. Put the pattern in the ME Interface, not your MAC.

Also, the diamond transport pipe should be assembled like so:

OR HOWEVER THE COLORS ARE SET UP. In the end, you want redstone being sent to the MC and the frames going to the LT.

Now wire the ME Interface into your system and give power to the machines. Tell the system you want one of these bad boys, and assuming you have the materials, it will send 40 redstone and an empty frame to the ME Interface thinking it can somehow make you your cell. The frame gets put in the top slot of the LT thanks to pipes, and the redstone is dumped into the MC, melted down, and dumped into your LT since they are side by side. Once the 40 redstone melts, the frame will be crafted. (feel free to attach an import bus to the side of the LT to suck the completed item back into the system)

:)

Edit:: As for your pulverizing question, I would again, use one interface and multiple pulverizers. Have some form of sorting (like a sorting machine maybe?) split the stack of coal dust requested into smaller bits and send it into multiple pulverizers.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It's easy actually. ME Interface's can export into BC pipes (as red5thedragon stated.)

Make your setup look like this:

' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="1000px" height="530px">">' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="1000px" height="530px">

I know this thread is months old, but yesterday I was stuck at the exact same point while trying to automate redstone conduit, and this helped me solve it, so thanks!

While tinkering with it, I found that you can also do this without using BC pipes, which speeds up production noticeably. This is the arrangement I finalized on, using the same encoded pattern. The ME Interface's network connection is on the back.

http://imgur.com/U0wg5cM

Edited by NerdimusPrime