Suggestions for Hexxit

bloom50

Add optifine.

That would be so nice.

You can easily download this yourself, if the modpack lets you. Its not very friendly to adding mods.

That is for sure, I have been trying for the last week and a half to add Optifine to my pack and I keep getting a white screen crash.

Put Optifine in modpack.jar

That is what all of the instructions say on a couple of different threads. Unfortunately for me, doing just that causes a white screen crash…and no I am not doing it wrong. I follow the instructions exactly as they are written and still crash. So there is something there in the modpack that disagrees with my system and Optifine.

This pack

That is what all of the instructions say on a couple of different threads. Unfortunately for me, doing just that causes a white screen crash…and no I am not doing it wrong. I follow the instructions exactly as they are written and still crash. So there is something there in the modpack that disagrees with my system and Optifine.

This pack struggles with adding mods, its not weird that optifine doesn't work. Just back up your jar and try random mods, maybe you will get lucky.

That would be so nice.

That is for sure, I have been trying for the last week and a half to add Optifine to my pack and I keep getting a white screen crash.

Install mods to the modpack.jar; make sure you are installing the right version and edition for your system! (1.5.2)

This pack struggles with adding mods, its not weird that optifine doesn't work. Just back up your jar and try random mods, maybe you will get lucky.

I have added a couple of other simple mods and they worked without any problem. But I know that because I have observed their functionality during my gameplay, and they also didn't require me to modify the modpack.jar, all I had to do was drop them in the mods folder.

I just downloaded Hexxit, and then installed Optifine, it didn't crash

If you want I'll upload the jar for you to download

If you'd be willing to do that, that would be cool. I don't know why it isn't working. I think I'm following the steps exactly as instructed, but still get a crash. Lately Hexxit has been working ok, but I still get some lag, I turned on permgen and increased memory allocation to 3 gigs. It has been smoother since but Optifine with those additional settings would still be preferable.

Install mods to the modpack.jar; make sure you are installing the right version and edition for your system! (1.5.2)

Yeah that's what I do and I get those frustrating crashes. I still am not sure if it is a modpack issue, or a launcher issue. But either way, adding Optifine in the method explained doesn't work for me. I have added a couple of mods directly into the mods folder without any problems though.