A small issue with Dimensional Doors.

CharlieChop

hello there, i was just wondering if dimensional doors is the one making my game saves so huge. I spent a couple days just roaming the DD world, looting and looking for those lovely diamond blocks that are hidden all around the place. A couple days ago, when i was making my routine world backup, i noticed that my save was HUGE. from a couple seconds save to literally minutes, and many of the files were name Dim...etc.

me main question here is... can i delete both, mystcraft and dim worlds without repercussions on my main world?

If you delete a mystcraft dimension, you will remove all the info associated with it. Any Mystcraft books in the overworld, associated with that dimension, will also loose their link and all symbols in them. So do not delete any you are currently using, like a mining age. Removing the rest will free up some space and help the game run slightly smoother. It will also reset the books to create a new random age next time they are used.

Actually no, removing the Mystcraft dimension does NOT remove any books associated with it. I can verify this as on my server I deleted them all to make my update to 1.1.5 go smoother, and all my books were still there. When we used the books, it took us to the age, but it was as if we'd never been there.

that's perfect thank you guys. i guess that if i go into the help page i can find how to delete the dimensions in game if there is such a function.

edit: yeah.... over 600 Megs just in pocket unused dimensions...... what a waste of space.

600MB compressed, or uncompressed? How are you doing backups?

As I said...

I did not say the books would be lost. Just the data dealing with the age they link to.

actually nothing is lost in the books the books will still operate as they did before the dump the only thing that changes is the age they link to gets remade as new when the books are used again the symbols stay the same the books stay the same nothing to do with the books changes

at all

Oh. Thanks for that info Karaktar. From what I had read and seen it looked like the symbols in the books would be lost as well. That assumption was wrong. But at least it still clears up the memory for him.

No worries Dewfire.