Hexxit is EVIL! (or bugged)

MajorArthur

So I was experimenting with different cool looking items in game in my home that i built. So i was teleporting using the Rift Blade and black smoke appeared. I thought this was just for detail and continued experimenting i gave myself the tutorial books and read them. Whilst reading i looked up form the book to see my house ravaged and partially destroyed. I thought to myself that is couldn't have been an explosion cause i would have heard it. So i countiued investigating when one of my chest spontaneously disappeared and the item in it flew to my but did not go into my inventory. At that moment i closed Hexxit out of fear of possible Herobrine attacks and did not lauch until the next day. Then i came back on and rebuilt my house to see blocks disappear from it silently and randomly.

http://wiki.technicpack.net/Rifts

Expanding Rifts

Rifts that are close enough together will cause a number of strange things to happen. Black lines of shimmering material will connect the rifts, and the terrain around the rifts will begin to degrade. Additionally, a higher than usual number of Endermen will spawn around this expanding rift.