Not ALL The Mods Are Active. Why Is That?

Drybones54738

I really like Big Dig, It's the one thing I've always wanted in Minecraft and that is nearly every possible mod crammed into one single game. But playing has shown that a few very popular mods are not active. Going into the %appdata% files shows that the few mods like Thuamcraft, Redpower, and Industrialcraft are there, there just not active. So i'm here on behalf of requesting assistance. I have no idea how to activate those extra mods without blowing up my computer or at least Minecraft itself. Any idea on how to turn these mods back on?

Oh that I did not know...I though that the IC2 team just changed sites that they uploaded to...lol. I really am glad that fanboyism is doing that because there are alot of mods that use IC2. Mahalo for the information Lethosos I do not spend much time reading the forums but that time is used for playing MC...lol.

So what i'm getting from all this is that those mods don't actually exist in Big Dig. There just like a residual thing. Is there any way to tie them into the game then? Because I think it would make so many things easier if Industrialcraft and Redpower were included. Speaking of that, why weren't they added in the first place? Any guesses?

IC2 is because of the reason mentioned above and RP2 because it doesn't actually have a release for 1.5 MineCraft, and without it being open source then it's not possible to have a fork to 1.5 (which is what has happened to IC2). If you check through these forums though you'll see people have managed to find alternatives to pretty much everything both mods can do, and often better.

Well that explains a lot, no sarcasm intended, and I will take your word for it. And if you say that I can find alternatives around the forums then you will see me jumping around the forums looking for alternatives. I guess this thread can be closed now unless anyone happens to have more advice to give me? Where to look exactly or some detail on HOW to put mods into Minecraft?

Add mods to Minecraft by putting the files into the Mods folder.

If you like Redpower-style stuff look up Immibis RedLogic and Redstone in Motion.

If you really want IC2 you could add a dev build from the Jenkins. NOT recommended.

That's really all you need to do? I thought this would of turned into a whole mess of .zip files, .bin file modifications, and headaches. I thank you for making this so easy. Whelp, I guess that concludes this thread. I'll start to look around to see if I can find anything cool.. but I might be back if I run into issues.

It should be as easy as that since I thing the configs are setup to that if you add the right IC2 version that there should not be any ID conflicts...I did it and it loaded right on up.

Dwwojcik: Why would you not recommend not using Jenkins? Is there any issues? Or do you just not like it because it is not a "real" version of IC2?

As above.... Jenkins builds are developer "test" builds that have little or no quality testing. They may work well or they may completely corrupt your world. If you decide to take the risk in using one, back up your world often and have a roll-back strategy in mind.

Dwwojcik: Why would you not recommend not using Jenkins? Is there any issues? Or do you just not like it because it is not a "real" version of IC2?

Would you rather use a version of Windows 7 on your PC that was labeled "build 34194", or "1.1.0"? Using a dev build could completely wreck your system/worlds.

I have to ask, what is Jenkins? Is it a group? Or a specific type of mod regarding Industrialcraft?

Jenkins is sort of like GitHub. Not entirely sure myself, but I know that's where you get dev builds for IC2.

Hmmm did not know that there was that many issues with it, I use it in some of the packs I play with and it has not coused any issues thus far...I must be lucky. To bad because I was never a real big fan of using BC for power generation and I have yet to try using UE yet.

Jenkins is sort of like GitHub. Not entirely sure myself, but I know that's where you get dev builds for IC2.

No, that's wrong. It's nothing like github. Github is a service that allows you to host code in an easy to update repository. Jenkins is a program that you need to host yourself, and automates the process of building new versions. Typically it invokes an apache ANT script to build it.