Ars Magica in hexxit

Spartangamers

I think ars magica should be added to the hexxit modpack since the mod is compatible with the hexxit and it would put a cool addition into hexxit making it feel more like the way it is with magic and things like that, i'm just wondering if the technic people who made the modpack could add ars magica into hexxit.

Ars Magica is very much in keeping with the spirit of Hexxit, encouraging exploration to find spells, and even has a unique tower guarded by tough bosses that is necessary to unlock the highest tier of casting. Mystcraft is an ok fit, but it really would serve no useful purpose in an adventure mudpack, aside from creating linking books to places. Thaumcraft would, surprisingly, be a terrible fit for Hexxit (in my opinion, feel free to have your own), because it encourages settling down to research all those technologies, go mining to get more stuff to throw into your research table, and offers no way to progress through adventure. For all intents and purposes it is a tech mod.

What I do think would add a lot useful features is the camping mod, because it offers bags and on site crafting through the special items, has a nice GUI to put those in and use them (pressing r opens your bag and crafting, you don't need to keep your camping tools on your hotbar or even in your normal inventory), and offers the ability to put down a temporary bed and furnace (tent and campfire). You can even have tents store things like a chest for you. Although tent functionality could be achieved through other means, the bags are truly useful, and neither overpriced nor overpowered.

Like Maximus930 said: Hexxit isn't about enchanting wood and recharging crystals, it's about fighting in battle towers and adventure. Not mining for some crystals to enchant wood. Ars magica would be a excellent edition, but I think Mystcraft might not be the best choice.

TokiWartooth your actually wrong about that, This is taken from the Ars Magicka thread on MC Fourms.

So here's the deal. You want Ars Magica in your mod pack? All you need to meet are three simple conditions:

• Your mod pack needs a link back to this forum post
  • You cannot make any money off of the mod pack
  • You cannot claim that you made any part of the mod, and you must give credit to the author of the mod (Mithion)

If these three conditions are met, then you have my permission to use it in a mod pack. Have fun!

Ars Magica is very much in keeping with the spirit of Hexxit, encouraging exploration to find spells, and even has a unique tower guarded by tough bosses that is necessary to unlock the highest tier of casting. Mystcraft is an ok fit, but it really would serve no useful purpose in an adventure mudpack, aside from creating linking books to places. Thaumcraft would, surprisingly, be a terrible fit for Hexxit (in my opinion, feel free to have your own), because it encourages settling down to research all those technologies, go mining to get more stuff to throw into your research table, and offers no way to progress through adventure. For all intents and purposes it is a tech mod.

What I do think would add a lot useful features is the camping mod, because it offers bags and on site crafting through the special items, has a nice GUI to put those in and use them (pressing r opens your bag and crafting, you don't need to keep your camping tools on your hotbar or even in your normal inventory), and offers the ability to put down a temporary bed and furnace (tent and campfire). You can even have tents store things like a chest for you. Although tent functionality could be achieved through other means, the bags are truly useful, and neither overpriced nor overpowered.

i 100 percent agree with wat you said i was only thinking that mystcraft would be good for finding new dungeons and stuff and thaumcraft i just really like lol

TokiWartooth your actually wrong about that, This is taken from the Ars Magicka thread on MC Fourms.

Yeah, I was just about to post that. It could easily be included in Hexxit, and would make a very nice addition.