Guns of Icarus

Melfice

So, I bought Guns of Icarus today. I think Mataroyale has it too.

That makes two, but two doesn't make a full crew! (Yes, I know there's AI crew, but c'mon. AI!? Might as well blow the ship up ourselves and call it a day!)

So, Uncle Melfice says: I need you to enlist at your nearest Steam client! Positions open for gunners, pilots and engineers!

But seriously, assuming we can get our timezones figured out, who's up for starting a small group and playing this game?

And to keep this from being a pure recruiting thread, what do you think of the game? The brief bit I've played with it was interesting. Could be a time-sinker, I think.

I have it, and it is quite fun. It could use some persistent upgrades, however.

Typically the strategy I use as a pilot is use the squid, put a flame thrower on the front, a gatling on the back, and a field gun on the right. It suits the squid really well, and the squid is a bit underrated anyways.

I have it, and it is quite fun. It could use some persistent upgrades, however.

Typically the strategy I use as a pilot is use the squid, put a flame thrower on the front, a gatling on the back, and a field gun on the right. It suits the squid really well, and the squid is a bit underrated anyways.

so does that make 4 people?

It does appear that we have 4 folks now, yes. (assuming Mataroyale is in too)

All that matters now is figuring out when the best time would be to play. And if more folks show up, that's even better.

EDIT: Also, as far as ships go, the Pyrmidion looks like an interesting one too. It's already slanted towards ramming, and if you have a captain with the right perks... well.

It does appear that we have 4 folks now, yes. (assuming Mataroyale is in too)

All that matters now is figuring out when the best time would be to play. And if more folks show up, that's even better.

EDIT: Also, as far as ships go, the Pyrmidion looks like an interesting one too. It's already slanted towards ramming, and if you have a captain with the right perks... well.

sounds like a good first role for me :P

ramming into things would be easy...right?

Since a lot of you are new to the game, I will list the ships and their benefits:

The Squid

Role: Harassing larger ships, finishing damaged ships trying to escape, defending galleons

Pros: Fast, maneuverable, all things that need repair are close

Cons: only three light gun mounts, has no right gun, can't take a lot of damage, needs a skilled crew to use effectively

The Goldfish/pyramideon (both are very similar)

Role: Dealing damage, providing support to heavy ships

Pros: has heavy weapons for its maneuverability, doesn't require an skilled crew

Cons: has light armor, has no back gun

The Spire

Role: Dealing heavy damage from a distance

Pros: Very high damage capability, pretty maneuverable

Cons: glass cannon, slow

The Galleon

Role: Heavy fire support, taking out ships

Pros: VERY heavy weapons, lots of armor

Cons: defenseless on its own, sloooooow

Since a lot of you are new to the game, I will list the ships and their benefits:

The Squid

Role: Harassing larger ships, finishing damaged ships trying to escape, defending galleons

Pros: Fast, maneuverable, all things that need repair are close

Cons: only three light gun mounts, has no right gun, can't take a lot of damage, needs a skilled crew to use effectively

The Goldfish/pyramideon (both are very similar)

Role: Dealing damage, providing support to heavy ships

Pros: has heavy weapons for its maneuverability, doesn't require an skilled crew

Cons: has light armor, has no back gun

The Spire

Role: Dealing heavy damage from a distance

Pros: Very high damage capability, pretty maneuverable

Cons: glass cannon, slow

The Galleon

Role: Heavy fire support, taking out ships

Pros: VERY heavy weapons, lots of armor

Cons: defenseless on its own, sloooooow

So i would seem the Goldfish is the most well rounded while the other either sacrifice movement, power, or speed.

largest steam library here. (60 games)

HAH! I have double that and some change.

124 games.

Mind you, I have some mistakes in there I either never play because they're crap, they run crap or I never got around to playing, but that doesn't change the fact that I have a problem and need help.