Can someone please explain how to power a rubber tree farm?

I just seriously do not understand it at all. I have made the machines, but I dont have the slightest clue how to set up the power for it. Everything before this, I've only powered by a batbox/generator/redstone engines that were directly connected to them or used insulated copper wires to go just a couple blocks over. But I do not understand how to power the tree farm stuff.

Valkon is right, you need to use BuildCraft engines. I generally make a tree farm, powered by steam engines, to make charcoal. Then quickly make a peatbog and power that off of charcoal. Soon as that is done, I'll switch over to peat fired engines, they are great.

I am not sure however, if using a more powerful engine such as a combustion engine makes things work faster. anyone know?

I personally use the forestry elecrical engines, powered with eu from my ic solar panels.

Basically I use the electrical engine to power a wooden conductive pipe that goes into

the conductive teleport pipe. Then at the rubber tree farm, I hook up all three machines

(rubber arboretum, logger and treetap) with stone conductive pipes and the receiving

conductive teleport pipe. Works fine for me, and 1 electrical engine at 6 eu/t is largely

enough to produce more rubber than I use. Might depend on how much rubber you need

though. But this way I don't have to worry about coal or peat at all...

I do almost all of my BC powered stuff with electrical engines...

If you want to get creative power the whole thing with a cow by using milk powered bio gas engines. Just setup the basic redpower machines one would use for the auto water mill power plant. But use a cow instead of the water spring and bio gas engines in place of the water mills. In testing I've found that a single cow can keep a ton of engines going with out issue and the cow will never despawn with the current version of tekkit.

Grant it this is a overly complex way of doing it and is very much over kill unless you need s ton of engines.

If you want to get creative power the whole thing with a cow by using milk powered bio gas engines. Just setup the basic redpower machines one would use for the auto water mill power plant. But use a cow instead of the water spring and bio gas engines in place of the water mills. In testing I've found that a single cow can keep a ton of engines going with out issue and the cow will never despawn with the current version of tekkit.

Grant it this is a overly complex way of doing it and is very much over kill unless you need s ton of engines.

Haha, that sounds like fun. Considering it's only me and one friend on our server, I may do that for the hell of it. Don't have to worry about anyone messing with it.