Cold War [1.5.2][Open][PVP/PVE][Anarchy/Factions/Peaceful]

Thanks! In aiming high we hope to be a great server one day!

I'm working on how exactly factions and rank up's are going to work and I want to put it up to a discussion.

How I was thinking is as follows:

Rank ups will be earned with player kills (No clue how I want it all scaled as of now)

The first rank (Cadet) can join factions but may not create them.

The second (Private), third (Corporal), and forth (Sargent) are the same as the cadet in terms of permissions and are just stepping stones to the officer ranks.

The officers (Colonial and General) may create and lead their own factions (Which will be added to the list of factions) and participate in faction wars.

The problem I see with this is that rank-ups will only be able to occur during wartime. While if we had a large player base this would not be a problem, we are still small and so I think that there needs to be a way to rank-up during peace time as well so that it can be fun the whole while.

Now I need your help to see what the staff and I can do to make this as enjoyable as possible for you the players.

That's awesome, you should advertise in the Minecraft Forums or Planet Minecraft if you want a larger player base. That's what I did for my modpack server. I also recommend getting a Bukkit pplugin called Leaper. Really fun :).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Luke, I forgot to mention that your worldgen border thing likely broke a part of ars magica. There is a block, (archmage podium) that is used to gain access to higher powered casting, it normally spawns in an archmage tower. Only one tower will spawn per world, up to 10000 blocks from spawn... and your world doesn't contain one. Can I have permission to put a podium in the capital/spawn? Or maybe on top of the capital? There are plenty of ways to get up there without blocks/creative mode.

Why is the server so unpopular? I think we need to appeal to the PvP maniacs more. They make up 99% of the community after all...

War is coming soon. One more week as of Saturday. To help get things going wars will be government funded i.e. Free weapons during war time.

We shouldn't have to worry about items being loose in the world during peace thanks to the resets.

Notice!

The political party's of Minecraftia are having a falling out! War is approaching soon and both nations are getting ready for a fight! Please join one of the official factions and go the the faction's home base to get your government war funding in the form of munitions! The Government supply warehouses will be opening this Friday evening (EST) to give out T1 launchers and ICBM's. They will also be handing out weapons and ammunition.

Get ready everyone,

CAUSE' THIS MEANS WAR!

Thinking back, I think the spawn city should have been better planned. 20/20 hindsight. Maybe when the map resets sometime in the far future?

To get weapons, do I have to join an official faction? How do I know who to shoot my missiles at?

We can always change buildings.

As for the weapons they will be available at the official faction embassy's (Which we have to make :P) via command blocks. I'm modifying the OP now to detail how wars will work out and how the rank structure will work.

I was just thinking, it would be best if the embassys were centrally located. It would also be cool if player made factions could purchase plots in the spawn to build their own embassys to attract members and distribute weapons.

Its going to be very difficult to get the rank of colonel so that kind of thing will be free with the faction.

Its going to be very difficult to get the rank of colonel so that kind of thing will be free with the faction.

Ok.

I kinda think wiping out the spawn and starting again wouldn't be a bad idea. Ideally it would have had a grid layout with most plots filled but others "for sale", with a central square/spawnpoint and the two main factions' embassys facing eachother across the square. The other two sides would be very valulable real estate, but would be sectioned into smaller plots to keep the spotlight on the main factions.

Ok.

I kinda think wiping out the spawn and starting again wouldn't be a bad idea. Ideally it would have had a grid layout with most plots filled but others "for sale", with a central square/spawnpoint and the two main factions' embassys facing eachother across the square. The other two sides would be very valulable real estate, but would be sectioned into smaller plots to keep the spotlight on the main factions.

We'll work it out.

Also, a main capitol building would fit into my plan. A central hall would be in order (also the spawn point) and on either side there would be 2 wings, the ministry of information (Rules and Mod Lists on monitors) and on the other side the ministry of mineral rights. (Portals to the mining age)

May I ask that the village structures have their spawn settings turned a tad bit rarer? I have two not far from each other for some wierd reason.

The whole world was pregenned so sadly that is not a possibility.

Also, a main capitol building would fit into my plan. A central hall would be in order (also the spawn point) and on either side there would be 2 wings, the ministry of information (Rules and Mod Lists on monitors) and on the other side the ministry of mineral rights. (Portals to the mining age)

Thats not a bad idea...

Some bad news: The file sharing service we use for the server seems to be offline right now. We're trying to get it back up in time for the war but in the mean time it's not possible for us to change the config files to allow missile detonation or to enable the weapon mods. It also means the modpack cannot be updated with the server.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons