Cold War [1.5.2][Open][PVP/PVE][Anarchy/Factions/Peaceful]

coFOoPP.png

From the deepest of winters, the sun shows it’s face for the first time in weeks. Dan squinted his eyes, looking at the unfamiliar light of day. At first it was not so bright, just a pinprick of light, barely noticeable from the other stars. Soon however, it became bright, like a flashlight.

Was it the enemy with their flashlights coming to attack?

Dan readied his rifle as did the other soldiers around the base.

Soon it shone even brighter, too bright to be a flashlight. Dan lowered his weapon and rose his hand to block the light from his eyes. The light was now so intense that it warmed his skin. Dan had not felt warmth like this in a very long time. Not since before his deployment.

It was day again.

The comfort of the warmth soon turned into uncomfortable heat. So much so Dan sheed his Parka. It became even brighter, shining through his hand! He heard screaming around him as the others who had not put their hand up were blinded by the light. Dan turned away from the light and ran to the closest bunker to escape it.

As Dan ran, the snow that had once been the surface under him turned to water then evaporated, leaving coarse gravel and sand under foot. He got to the bunker and went to open the heavy door but before he got there it opened. Waves of heated air bellowed from the opening as men ran from the concrete oven.

‘What was this weapon?’ Dan thought. ‘We have nothing like this.’

The he had another thought. ‘Is this what the sun is like afterall? I haven't seen it in so long.’

Dan ran and ducked for cover behind a stone building. Here he could open his eyes without being blinded by the unknown weapon.

A few seconds later, or maybe it had been hours for Dan had lost track of time, the hot air became even hotter until it felt like it was ablaze.

Dan screamed in agony as it burned his skin, melting his combat clothing to skin. Then a shockwave blasted the hot air away, but created a vacuum from the lack of air.

Dan wheezed and coughed. At least the shock wave had washed the heat away. Now that the shock wave had passed, cool arctic air flooded back, filling the void.

Dan could breath again.

In his fit of coughing, Dan had not seen his luck. The portion of wall behind him was the ony section of wall left. Then the darkness came back and Dan could not see. His eye's had been burned by the light, making it impossible to see in darkness.

Then he saw the flashlights. Hundreds of them, coming up the mountain the base was on, and then came the gunshots. He recognised the sound of the CT-3, standard issue of the Blockia Republic.

'This it it,' thought Dan, 'The end of the Cold War.'

fqdbLqa.png

The Server!

Welcome to the Cold War! The battle for Minecraftia has been raging in politics for years between the Royal Blockia Republic and the United Mining federation, but the tensions have finally became too great for peace to continue. The arms race that had ensued with the Cold War has resulted in huge technological gains! ICMB's rule the sky raining destruction on an unprecedented scale, Modular Power suits create super soldiers out of the ordinary man, and Modern weaponry fires hails of lead.

The expansion of Thermal Technologies has allowed for massive gain in ore yield and in automation of mining. Added to that the application of Energistics, and the only limit when building WMD's en mass is the citizen’s creativity.

The Sky is truly the limit in this age of technology!

How are we Anarchy, Factions, and Peaceful at the same time?

We are peaceful because the world is reset back to it's state before the war once it's over. This way you lose nothing even if you lose everything during the war.

I think that the Anarchy and Factions explain themselves.

Politics

It seems that the pattern of war has become very predictable. Most the time, the politics rage during the two week cease fires, but at the end of that period, our weapons become the debate.

After a week of battle, a new cease fire is made, and the war is put on hold. During this time, the government gives back all that was lost during the war to the citizens.

If a citizen lost a home to the war, or gave resources to the war effort, their home is rebuilt and the resources reimbursed. This allows for massive battles where the citizens do not have to worry about how much they have at the end of the war, as they always get it back.

A clearer explanation:

Every two weeks the world is saved and backed up. This save will be put back at the end of the war week so it is as if the war had never happened. This means that you can lose everything during the week of battle and get it all back at the end of the war. This also means that if you collected resources during the war, you will not keep them. This three week cycle will be the norm.

Modpack Link

Note: The server is preinstalled in the pack.

Change Log:

1.0.0.0 - Initial release

1.0.0.1/2 - Bug Fixes

1.1.0.0 - First Stable release

1.1.0.1/2 - Bug Fixes

1.1.1.0 - Server Debut!

1.1.1.1 - Forestry Bug fixes (Item ID conflicts)

- Updated Natura and Tinkers Constuct

Planned:

Damage indicators mod

MODS

TreeCapitator

CodeChickenCore

CoFHCore

NEI

PowerCrystalsCore

BetterStorage

bspkers Core

Reis MiniMap

Applied Energistics

ArsMagica

Artfice

BuildCraft

ComputerCraft

EnderStorage

Extra Utility's

Flans Mod Simplepartspack

Flans Mod Modern Weapons Pack

Forestry

ICBM

Inventory Tweaks

MechCraft

Minechem

Minefactory Reloaded

Power Suits

Mystcraft

Natura

Nether Ores

Obsidiplates

OmniTools

Redstone In Motion

Tinkers Construct

Thermal Expansion

Universal Electricity

Balkons Weapons Mod

RULES

“Cold Rules”

irjaUHo.png

Cold Rules are the rules during peacetime.

1. Keep the foul language to a minimal. No consequences will come of it but do it too much and it will be considered spam.

2. Griefing, killing, and stealing is prohibited. If we catch you, you will get an insta-ban. No questions asked.

3. No advertisements. Do not advertise anything not of the server. That means that if is not in game, it’s not in the chat.

4. If you have a problem with someone, bring it to a moderator. If you have a problem with a Mod, bring it to an Admin. If you have a problem with an Admin, bring it up with me. If you have a problem with me, sucks for you.

5. Do not try and pass as staff, you will be banned without a question.

“Hot Rules”

ljcFJhQ.png

Hot Rules are the rules during war time.

1. Keep the foul language to a minimal. No consequences will come of it but do it too much and it will be considered spam.

2. No advertisements. Do not advertise anything not of the server. That means that if is not in game, it’s not in the chat.

3. If you have a problem with someone, bring it to a moderator. If you have a problem with a Mod, bring it to an Admin. If you have a problem with an Admin, bring it up with me. If you have a problem with me, sucks for you.

4. Do not try and pass as staff, you will be banned without a question.

Basically the only difference is that during “Hot war” is that PVP and griefing is permitted.

Factions!

Royal Blockia Republic

The Blockia Republic believes in equality among all it's people and for a unified people! They also think that bigger is better and that having an army twice that of the enemy will insure victory!

United Mining Federation

The United Mining Federation, or UMF, thinks that technology is the natural evolution for Minecraftia and has taken to investigating it's full potential. They think that bringing a single fast, and lethal weapon is better than bringing a full army to bear.

Ranks(WIP)

NOTE: Ranks are not yet implemented. Everyone who joins for now will automatically be a private.

Cadet: Entry rank. Read the rules and join a faction. Then go to your factions home base to rank up.

Private: Access to tpa, spawn, and modifyworld. This is where your adventure begins!

Corporal: Item reward (Yet to be decided)

Sargent: Same as the Corporal.

Colonel: Found your own nation! This will involve getting an embassy in spawn designed by you! Your faction will also be listed on this forum post and be available for new players to join right from the get go! (unless you wish it to be an invite only faction)

General: Become an ultimate power in the world of Minecraftia! The specifics of this rank is undecided and may just be a title. Another option is for their faction to be given access to WMDs (Antimatter weaponry). If you have an idea for this rank, please comment below!

War time protocol(WIP)

During wartime you may go to your faction's embassy at spawn to be given wartime supplies.

These supplies include:

Standered: (All factions will give you this)

1x T1 Launcher

1x T1 Control Panel

5x Missile Modules

Royal Blockia Republic: (Faction Specific)

1x AK47

5x AK ammunition

United Mining Federation: (Faction Specific)

Undecided

STAFF

Admins:

MHPage12

Lukeb28

Moderators:

Kocken926

Neowulf

Promminne

TheByteMater

dwwojcik

HolyMage

Soupa12

BANNED ITEMS

Banned Items: During peacetime all mod items that would cause destruction (Balcons weapons, ICBM, Modern Weapons, etc.) will be disabled. During war time there will be no restrictions.

PLUGINS

Essentials

Essentials group manager

Factions

Killstreaks

World Border (3000 blocks from spawn)

Worldguard

Questions, Comments, or Concerns? Drop a comment down below and tell us whats on your mind!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A complete list of conflicts:

31742, 31741, 31740, 31739 between Forestry and ICBM;

31738, 31737, 31730, 31731 and 31729 between Forestry and TE;

31735, 31734, 31733, 31732 between Forestry and CoFH something (could also be TE? Anyhow, it overwrites Forestry.);

A complete list of conflicts:

31742, 31741, 31740, 31739 between Forestry and ICBM;

31738, 31737, 31730, 31731 and 31729 between Forestry and TE;

31735, 31734, 31733, 31732 between Forestry and CoFH something (could also be TE? Anyhow, it overwrites Forestry.);

Forestry, of course...

I'll get on it. Expect an update within the hour.

I made an extension to the transit base. An extra launcher high up so that missiles won't smack into buildings.

(Although, for the record, I take pride in my faction being so far ahead in kills, even if only indirectly.)

EDIT: And I have found the solution to the redwood tree crash. Simply go into your video settings->Details-> and turn trees to fast.

Luke, since server textures seem to be on by default, if you want to use this to distribute this texture, that would fix it.

lrzDeUv.png

-(credit goes to SoartexFanver on the MC forums for the fix. -Link to post-)

Wow, this looks really promising!

Thanks! In aiming high we hope to be a great server one day!

I'm working on how exactly factions and rank up's are going to work and I want to put it up to a discussion.

How I was thinking is as follows:

Rank ups will be earned with player kills (No clue how I want it all scaled as of now)

The first rank (Cadet) can join factions but may not create them.

The second (Private), third (Corporal), and forth (Sargent) are the same as the cadet in terms of permissions and are just stepping stones to the officer ranks.

The officers (Colonial and General) may create and lead their own factions (Which will be added to the list of factions) and participate in faction wars.

The problem I see with this is that rank-ups will only be able to occur during wartime. While if we had a large player base this would not be a problem, we are still small and so I think that there needs to be a way to rank-up during peace time as well so that it can be fun the whole while.

Now I need your help to see what the staff and I can do to make this as enjoyable as possible for you the players.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons