Banning Items Across Mods...

Dyspareunia

Hey All,

Another question that has me a bit befuzzled. I recently started a Tekkit server. All has been going pretty well. I decided that using PermissionsEX I would ban the crafting of a few key items, and force players to purchase them at a server store. In hopes of enforcing somewhat of an economy & making things a bit harder to get.

For instance I decided to ban the crafting of Wiring needed for the Modular Powersuits. This was going fairly well, until the players started building ME Networks, and found that they can craft wiring using the automated crafting AE provides... I haven't tested it, but I'm guessing this will be the case for crafting pipes as well..

I asked in the IRC channel for the folks who built AE and they suggested a "Recipe Remover" mod.

After a great deal of research and testing, I found a mod that allows me to ban crafting recipes from other mods! That would be great... If it were included in the Technic pack... It isn't.

Any suggestions??

Hey All,

Another question that has me a bit befuzzled. I recently started a Tekkit server. All has been going pretty well. I decided that using PermissionsEX I would ban the crafting of a few key items, and force players to purchase them at a server store. In hopes of enforcing somewhat of an economy & making things a bit harder to get.

For instance I decided to ban the crafting of Wiring needed for the Modular Powersuits. This was going fairly well, until the players started building ME Networks, and found that they can craft wiring using the automated crafting AE provides... I haven't tested it, but I'm guessing this will be the case for crafting pipes as well..

I asked in the IRC channel for the folks who built AE and they suggested a "Recipe Remover" mod.

After a great deal of research and testing, I found a mod that allows me to ban crafting recipes from other mods! That would be great... If it were included in the Technic pack... It isn't.

Any suggestions??

On my server I simply went to the mods folder and for the mods I didn't approve of for reasons of lag and bugs, I changed the .jar or .zip into .disabled and this disabled the mod (doesn't have to be .disabled in fact you can completely remove the mod, just change the name after . in case you want to re-enable it later). By disabling mods you won't need a user to download a custom modpack. They just use the same tekkit client but won't be able to use those mods! Hope I helped!

Erik reading comprehension seems to be a lost art, he doesn't want the items removed, just the recipes, also dudebro OP, if you disable the recipe, it won't affect the client, they may still show it as build able, but it wouldn't work. if they bug you tell them why, it's that simple. They don't have to change anything, its all done serverside.